tap tempo midification?

matoz

Hello all midiboxers,

I have a Boss DD7, it has "tap tempo" whith a momentary contact and i' d like to know if it is possible to midify it with a core and an Aout module? so, i could sequence delay with "note on"?

But i don't know what i should use beetween Aout module and tap tempo switch. A relay?

But i think relay should have latency and click...

How can i transform analog control into momentary contact?

This could be usefull for all "tap tempo effects"... if we could sequence it with a sequence track,i imagine results...

regards

Thanks for your answer Nils!

so it is possible, awesome!!! yeah!!

"A pic pin will do (possibly needs an opamp/transistor to buffer/adjust the signal)."

Please, could you tell me more exactly about that?

If i understand well, i can connect directly (with possibly needs an opamp/transistor to buffer/adjust the signal) the tap tempo switch to the Core of my MB SEQ?

regards

Loic

I read in different topics that J5 can be used like Ain, Aout, Din, Dout and we have to configure it in the code.

But Aout and Dout are delivering some voltage and i don' t want it. I just want to take the place of the tap tempo switch with a track sequence.

I don' t know very good CV world, and i have difficulties to imagine what is "gate out "exactly.

so i continue to read, read, and read...

You can't use J5 as an AOUT, but that's not what you want anyway.

"Gate out" is just a software variation of DOUT, i.e. the pins give you either 0V or 5V. It's a digital pulse signal that can be used to trigger envelopes etc, or in your case, the tap tempo of your machine. If you don't find any schematics, you could still solder two wires to the pins of this tap button and use a 5V reed relay (that is controlled via J5) to emulate a button press.

S

thanks Seppoman,

I will try like that, i will see if i have big latency or not with the relay.

So, when i will have configured J5 in the appli, i will be able to choose port J5 in my sequencer, and all note on of the track will send +5v to the relay.

regards