Finished: Another Traktor Controller

questionable

Adding to the glut of Midibox Traktor controllers out there, I introduce my new project:

midiboxfinallarge-1.jpg

midiboxfinallarge-2.jpg

midiboxfinallarge-3.jpg

It is a Midibox64 based project, with 32 pots/faders, 20 LED's, 1 LCD, and 36 Buttons.  It has 1 CORE Module, 1 AIN Module, 2 DIN Modules, and 1 DOUT Module, all purchased from SmashTV. 

I have written up a page on the wiki detailing the build at http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=questionable

I have also been blogging the build (as well as that of my Arduinome) at http://www.nonsilence.com. 

I will be posting a video on the blog of the Midibox in action as soon as some replacement faders arrive (the crossfaders shown were mistakenly purchased as Log faders, not Linear).  Regardless, the box works perfectly, and I am overjoyed to have a surface to work with that includes exactly the feature set I have been looking for. 

Thanks Thorsten and the rest of the Midibox devs for creating this fantastic project. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I dunno how it works, but this sure looks like a candidate for MidiBox of the Week to me! Really nice work!

If I may ask, how much did that front panel cost? It looks quite sizable and the MB-6582 panels are already over $100. I ask because my next next project is to also make a control surface for Traktor (though I want to dual purpose it also as a standard MIDI control surface for music makings) and it seems a huge cost is the front panel itself.

The little bit of engraving I had done (the lines, some text) actually added quite a bit to the cost.  If I were trying to save money, I'd certainly ditch the engraving.  The nice thing about designing your own controller, is that everything is exactly where YOU want it, so instead of reading labels, you can just twist the knob that you KNOW is the fx send, or whatever. 

• 2 months later...