Looking forward to building a Midibox SID V2 but...............

tb303orys

Hi there!!!

I a complete newbie on this matters however i am willing to try and build one like Wilba's.

I think i can do as long as someone points me to the right direction. I

I am in Cyprus, where i basically i will be unable to source any parts.

Is there a complete parts kit i can purchase guys?

Case, pcb's, pots, caps, cables, etc, EVERYTHING required to build it other than the soldering equipment. I can find that ;)

I really don't know where to look guys other wise i'd have it purchased. I dont want to ask someone to build me one because i know it is a big effort and i want to do it myself.

Though i cant find the parts and i was wondering what i will require to build this: http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/wilba_mb_6582

I apologise if it is a way to lame question but that's how things are with me.

Cheers

Tio

Well, SmashTV has pretty complete kits in his shop, but no cases or panels.

But, if you ask nicely, I'm sure there'll be people who will relay orders from other countries to

your location if you need it (e.g. Germany, which isn't that far from Cyprus and has good part

supply).

yes it is the baseboard part kit, afaik it should contain all parts that mount directly on the pcb. there's also a conrol surface pcb you can purchase. you will still need other parts like encoders, leds, lcd, housing, psu, tact switches.

but you'll find all info you need to do the purchase on Wilba's DokuWiki page:

there you can compare his part list with the list in SmashTV's store and learn about what is needed in addition!

there have been many 6582 builts, try the forum search on this, you'll find a lot examples.

I need to write up my order list for the MB-6582 I finished a few months ago.  I think it took me 2 Mouser orders, 2 SmashTV orders, and 3 McMaster-Carr orders to get everything (plus a run to Radio Shack).  The major info is on the DokuWiki site, but there's a lot of other little bits that you need (e.g. SIL header connectors, different resistor values for the LEDs if necessary, nuts and bolts for mounting the LCD and fan, etc.).

No ETA at the moment, but I'll try to get to it sooner rather than later and post a link here.

hey all & vibes from Australia, my first post...

if there is a complete kit catalog around I would very interested in this to, looks like a cool bit of kit and it would be verry satisfying building it yourself!

I am a complete nub, so excuse my questions as its a little mind boggling for me.... if there is not a complete kit as such, what kits and bits do I need?

thanks in advance & long live the SID  ;)

I need to write up my order list for the MB-6582 I finished a few months ago.  I think it took me 2 Mouser orders, 2 SmashTV orders, and 3 McMaster-Carr orders to get everything (plus a run to Radio Shack).  The major info is on the DokuWiki site, but there's a lot of other little bits that you need (e.g. SIL header connectors, different resistor values for the LEDs if necessary, nuts and bolts for mounting the LCD and fan, etc.).

No ETA at the moment, but I'll try to get to it sooner rather than later and post a link here.

looking forward to the complete spares list mate.

it will help a lot of people.