MF core in MB-Link problem

LX

Hello,

I have problem with jittering pot values from motorfader core. I have switching power supply unit with 5A at +5V and 2A at +12V. I have 1000uF cap directly connected to the +5V input at MF core. When I testing this motorfader core alone,  everything work OK. But when I conect another 3 cores in MB link to same +5V of my power supply jittering pot values starts.

I try conect next 1000uF caps to every +5V imput of my cores with bether result but still sometimes MF core send pot mesage without move fader.

Thank you for same hint

LX

Hi,

sounds like a ground loop. "Starlike ground wiring" is very important here. Means: connect the ground/Vs pins of the core modules from a single point (e.g. from your PSU with separate wires), do the same for MF supply and fader ground pins. Don't chain them from one to another core module!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi,

thank you for quick reply. I have "Starlike ground wiring" for cores from one point PSU,

MF wires starlike too from MF module,

but fader ground I have connect from core module (no starlike)

I try to repair fader wiring.

Thanks a lot

B.R.

LX

• 4 weeks later...

So, problem solved.

I have made "Starlike ground wiring" for fader, but without success. Than I try cut connection between GND of MF pot and GND of MF chassis. And that's problem. I have conductive front panel and GND of MF pot was join over the frontpanel.

LX