MBFM> Changing EG5 into ADSR; Arpeggiator

sebiiksbcs

Is there anybody who did something similar before:

I'd like to simplify the EG5 feature into a common ADSR envelope generator, and then I'd like to have two of them. The critical point is probably if the PIC can cope with this performance load.

Another (dream) goal is to implement an arpeggiator (probrably that of the MBSID V1) into the MBFM sound engine. Again, performance load?

And the critical point for me is to understand the ASM code and the "surgery" I am trying to do.

Second envelope: the MBFM application already allocates almost the complete flash memory and RAM - also performance is very critical, so that such a change (which will require an additional modulation path) will quickly lead to MIDI buffer overruns.

However, if you have hacker ambitions, you could remove existing features (e.g. second LFO or WT sequencer) to free memory, and add the second envelope if you want, but you have to consider that the complete infrastructure like Control Surface, SysEx Structure, Patch Manager, JSynthLib based Editor, etc. have to be adapted as well.

Arpeggiator: same issue - but you can already use the WT sequencer for arpeggios (value 0x7c..0x7f assigned to Note CC will play Key1..4) - it's the same mechanism as used for MBSID V1

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 weeks later...