My traktor controller

fa5ky

Hi Guys, after alot of reading and deliberating, i have decided to build my own midibox. This is my first attempt at a DIY this big and complicated, i wanted to document it and share it with the community. I've designed and ordered my face plate from front panel express already so the layout if pretty much set(im deliberating on installing a crossfader but that can easily be included later on with a breakout box etc) Any input would be great. I've also ordered all the parts already so its just a waiting game now. I will post pics of encoders and such as they come. CHEERS

Untitled-1.jpg

Just got my arcade buttons in from djtechtools.com. I used these on my arcade modded vci and loved them so i decided to stick with what works for this project. They are sanwa obsf-24 buttons. DJTT has the best price on them and the shipping was incredibly fast (ordered on monday and got them on thursday. from cali to michigan)

DSC_0091.jpg

More parts arriving. The knobs, buttons and faders were from futurlec.com. The big one feels exactly like the nuo caps just a tiny bit slicker since its a gloss finish.

I will be using the big one for eqs the small white ones for the fx and the small red ones for looping. Buttons are for turning fx on, navigation etc.

The line faders are 10k alpha faders and feel like the vci's but i opened them up and lubed them and they feel alot lighter(think pmc line fader feel).

I also bought joysticks from digikey.com i was going to go the ps2 thumbstick route but that would require a bigger hole in the panel and more room. I made my own handles for these and they feel great and dont take up as much room.

DSC_0110-1.jpg