STM32 based Core Europe

tobsen

CORE STM32 Bulk Order from Smash TV

http://www.avishowtech.com

mbhp_core_stm32_v2.jpg

Since there seems a lot of request of the Core32 Module it would be nice to get a few people, to make a bulk order for Europe, to save some shipping costs.  

Available are:

Core32 Module PCB With IC

STM32 chip presoldered, Double Sided, Plated through holes, HASL plated, Soldermask, Silkscreen legend. RoHS Compliant.

$25.95

http://www.avishowtech.com/mbhp/mbhp_core32r1.html

and:

Core32 Parts Kit without PCB

Does not include board or STM chip.-

Includes all parts that mount directly to the board.

$20.00

Therefore i´m collecting orders, either for the PCB or the complete Kit. As soon i have an amount of orders I´ll post the price and paying Info (Paypal only!) on this Thread. As well as the Taxes that we possibly have to pay.

All shipping costs and charges will be divided on all buyers.

Please post how many PCB´s or Kits you like to order.

e.g.

2 x PCB

3 x Kits

After enough orders are collected, check your emails daily and make a PayPal payment as soon as you receive a payment request. I´ll post any news here on this Thread.

If you cant pay dont make an order.

regards

T.

ORDERS:

rosch 1x PCB + 1x KIT

olga42 2x PCB + 2x KIT

Intermedi8 1x PCB + 1x KIT

tobsen 1x PCB + 1x KIT

my name is Tueson Patton and i´m organizing a bulk order for the new core module.

I have a few questions concerning the order:

Are the PCB´s and Part Kits available in amounts of 50 or 100?

Can you offer some block pricing for the MB Forum Members?

And last but not least, are the shipping costs for Germany still 29.90, if we order 50 or 100 KITS?

Thanks and best regards

T.

:(

Tobsen, I applaud your willingness to do this bulk order (although I strongly doubt you have any idea what you are getting yourself into). On the other hand, you're going about this the wrong way imo.

1) This is going to be a big bulk order. I am not sure if I would want someone I neither know nor have done any business with as of yet and of whom I don't even know if he's ever handled a bulk order (let alone one of this size).

2) Before jumping the gun and starting this, you certainly could and in my opinion definitely should have asked TK if it's okay that you do that and Smash if he's ready and willing to do that order. Contacting Smash after you already announced the order is not really the nice way to go about things. You're basically offering to sell an unknown number of core32 pcbs and kits, not even knowing how many are in existence.

3) The board in your pictures is not what's being shipped. Generally not a good thing to do.

4) I do understand that for some reason people are very excited and can't wait to get their hands on a core32. Still: go easy on this. The core32 hasn't even been announced yet and you're already in full-blown megasale mode. Patience is a virtue.

I second this!

In order to avoid that somebody could get the wrong impression:

You wrote to Smash:

Can you offer some block pricing for the MB Forum Members?

This sounds a bit like you are asking for a discount... maybe you don't know the role of Smash - one of our most respected forum members!

Smash worked very hard in the last months to achieve best prices for the community, he sells the boards and kits for almost non-profit. It would be rude to ask him for a deal to make the boards even cheaper for a bulk order.

I'm not sure if I misunderstood your question, but for me it left this impression and I want to ensure, that the facts are clear to everybody.

Another point: germany isn't the best location for importing such a huge amount of goods, you would have to pay some extra taxes and duty since you are acting as a trader (at least for our well known Zollamt). This could quickly increase the price by 30% and more! In addition, the shipping will be delayed by +1..2 weeks once it goes through the german Zoll process...

I asked for volunteers in the hope that we get some interesting options to save shipping costs. If nobody (of the experiences members in Europe) is interested, it could even be sufficient that orders are joined for a group of two or three people (block-wise) - especially if they are living in the same region - so that shipping costs can be easily divided.

Short summary: you definitely won't save money by doing a big order

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Tobsen, I applaud your willingness to do this bulk order (although I strongly doubt you have any idea what you are getting yourself into). On the other hand, you're going about this the wrong way imo.

Thanks, yes its my first bluk order i like to realize. I have ordered on many groupbuys already and i think i can manage it, because i have lot of sparetime the next time.

1) This is going to be a big bulk order. I am not sure if I would want someone I neither know nor have done any business with as of yet and of whom I don't even know if he's ever handled a bulk order (let alone one of this size).

Well as i mentioned, its my first one and TK asked if there are any volunteers to handle the bulk order. I´m not that known, thats right, but for me it would be nice to contribute something to the Forum.

2) Before jumping the gun and starting this, you certainly could and in my opinion definitely should have asked TK if it's okay that you do that and Smash if he's ready and willing to do that order. Contacting Smash after you already announced the order is not really the nice way to go about things. You're basically offering to sell an unknown number of core32 pcbs and kits, not even knowing how many are in existence.

Yes, i wrote the mail a bit late, to get some piece of information about Smash´s stock on these PCB´s.

3) The board in your pictures is not what's being shipped. Generally not a good thing to do.

4) I do understand that for some reason people are very excited and can't wait to get their hands on a core32. Still: go easy on this. The core32 hasn't even been announced yet and you're already in full-blown megasale mode. Patience is a virtue.

Concerning the anouncement, I´m a bit surprised that its a bit early, because Smash has it already in his shop and on ucapps its also listed. Patience is a virtue. Thats right, if it takes time, than it takes time.

As I said, i would be glad to to this job, even if its a bit too early. If Smash TV does not ship such amounts, it would be pity. But i assumed that if he sell these PCB´s on his shop, he will have already a bunch of this industrial-made PCB´s

I second this!

In order to avoid that somebody could get the wrong impression:

You wrote to Smash:

This sounds a bit like you are asking for a discount... maybe you don't know the role of Smash - one of our most respected forum members!

Smash worked very hard in the last months to achieve best prices for the community, he sells the boards and kits for almost non-profit. It would be rude to ask him for a deal to make the boards even cheaper for a bulk order.

I'm not sure if I misunderstood your question, but for me it left this impression and I want to ensure, that the facts are clear to everybody.

No, with due respect, I have asked for the possiblity, not that i insist on a block pricing.

Another point: germany isn't the best location for importing such a huge amount of goods, you would have to pay some extra taxes and duty since you are acting as a trader (at least for our well known Zollamt). This could quickly increase the price by 30% and more! In addition, the shipping will be delayed by +1..2 weeks once it goes through the german Zoll process...

I asked for volunteers in the hope that we get some interesting options to save shipping costs. If nobody (of the experiences members in Europe) is interested, it could even be sufficient that orders are joined for a group of two or three people (block-wise) - especially if they are living in the same region - so that shipping costs can be easily divided.

Short summary: you definitely won't save money by doing a big order

If there are is a better location for importing the goods, then it would make more sense to choose someone from another location in Europe or to choose the block wise option. As far as I know all europe countries have to pay taxes or charges...

If its easier for Smash to order small amounts of PCB´s, the bulk order will be passed or restructured

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Weird this. There I was, somewhat puzzled by the lack of any announcement, seeing Smash's Core32-page. Maybe I should

a) Wait for Smashy

b) Organize something for folks from my own country (Sweden)

c) Be patient...

Anywho, shipping is the proverbial purse of pain (bag o' hurt) and there's nothing Smash can do about it that hasn't been tried or discussed I think. The whole AVI Showtech service is very good so maybe we are not that worse off left to our own devices? Back to holding pattern until the tower says ready.

I am not sure how worthwile a bulk order would be for europe?

Here in the UK anything imported from outside the EU with a value of over £18 is subject to import duty and VAT, the $25.95 value of a single PCB+STM32 would put it below that threshold so no duty/vat is payable.

Any bulk order would be over the threshold and subject to any local duty/vat charges which is likely to be more than the (very reasonable) $6.20 shipping charge from Smash. Also many couriers charge an admin fee of about £8 when collecting these taxes!

Cheers

Phil

CaN i HaS tEh CiRcUiT dIaGrAm PlZ?

Seriously though, bulk orders only make sense when there is a minimum order involved,

or discount offer on bulk, or when much can be saved on postage.

Since smash is the seller, you're saving tonnes already, so theres not much that can be gained here.  ;)

ok i didn't expect that we would try to knock some extra bucks out of Smash. but generally trying to share shipping cost is not that bad idea.

but who needs only A CORE from Smash?? means, i'll add the STM32 core to a future order, when i actually need it.

1. tobsen did not ask SmashTV if he could run this bulk order before announcing it, therefore I declare this bulk order invalid.

2. If people in the same city/country want to combine their orders from SmashTV, then find those people through the forum and arrange it offline. That is, you announce where you live and that you're ordering from SmashTV and other people can PM you with what they want.

3.  Considering the products he sells are of the best quality at the best prices, people should stop complaining about SmashTV's shipping costs. If you don't like it, go and get your own PCBs made and order parts from Mouser or Reichelt or wherever you like.

There is no reason to continue this thread, so I'm locking it.