MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

TK.

YES!!!

I have a lot problems on MB SEQ V4 (LPC17)with "HARD FAULT on PC......" before

V4.057.(only using USB)

I'm using new firmware for few days and I don't have this problem anymore. :frantics:

Thanx TK :flowers: ,I'm happy now!

Best regards, IGI

Edited by igi

YES!!!

I have a lot problems on MB SEQ V4 with "HARD FAULT on PC......" before

V4.057.(only using USB)

I'm using new firmware for few days and I don't have this problem anymore. :frantics:

Thanx TK :flowers: ,I'm happy now!

Best regards, IGI

Oh damn, I was getting these Hard Faults errors on my newly built Core and thought I had a hardware issue. I went back to my core32. Maybe Ill try the other core again.

Hey every body,

Been awhile since I stopped by. I am even still on beta 36 or some where around there! I left playing the MBSEQ for awhile to try other things but now I am back on track! I realized that yamaha makes good drumkits which are GM midi compatible and MBSEQ drum tracks are premapped for this! I have been playing with a friends RM1X drum machine and recently bought my own I am connecting it to the MBSEQ.

The RM1X has a nice feature for re-triggering patterns. You can set the value to either 1 measure of 1/16th of a measure and the RM1X will go right into the other pattern in either 1/16th of a bar or in 1 bar. In my old (current) MBSEQv4 version when I press for example A.2 it will cycle to a.2 after the current measure has passed. I think there was a way to change this but I cannot remember how? And also I think it was pattern specific. The RM1X does this globally for all tracks at the same time.

Can we get an option to be able to, for example, be in pattern A, then as soon as I press 1 through 8, the MBSEQ will go right into which ever one I choose. The 2 behaviours I can think of right now would either be "restart from beginning) or "continue from whereever the master length is at in the pattern".

This leads me to my next question/request. Can we have all four groups and there patterns change globally in sync. I find many times that I would like to change all of the patterns at the same time. If I could just press A.2 and change all 4 patterns ( implemented as an option) I would be grateful.

The RM1X has a nice feature for re-triggering patterns. You can set the value to either 1 measure of 1/16th of a measure and the RM1X will go right into the other pattern in either 1/16th of a bar or in 1 bar. In my old (current) MBSEQv4 version when I press for example A.2 it will cycle to a.2 after the current measure has passed. I think there was a way to change this but I cannot remember how? And also I think it was pattern specific. The RM1X does this globally for all tracks at the same time.

Go to Utility->Opt to select the number of steps at which you want to synchronize the change (e.g. 4 steps for 1/6, 16 steps for measure)

Go to Menu->Manual and press the SELECT button to synch to the measure.

This leads me to my next question/request. Can we have all four groups and there patterns change globally in sync. I find many times that I would like to change all of the patterns at the same time. If I could just press A.2 and change all 4 patterns ( implemented as an option) I would be grateful.

Update to the latest version (v4.057)

Then you can change all 4 patterns at once by activating the ALL function in the pattern selection page.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I am going to update today but I have to move my pc and reconnect everything :( Plus my drill broke before I was able to drill out the USB hole on my case.

I am currently trying to transfer patterns programmed on the MBSEQv4 (beta 36 still) to my Rm1x using the RM1x record mode. I am having trouble with the start timing. The Rm1x is slaved to the MBseq so when I start the MBSEQ the Rm1x will go into record and do its thing but the Rm1x starts about 1 milisecond after the MBSEQ and cannot properly loop what the MBSEQ has sent to it. I can try to not sync them and record manually but this is not ideal.

Is there any way to start the MBSEQ on time but delay all the notes and their cc's so the Rm1x will record them as a proper loop on playback? Or is there a better way to do this? Can it be done from one of the MBSEQ Txt files? Ideally it would be a utility menu function. I have tried all the different modes on the Rm1x but the issue is for sure in the start timing between the two devices and maybe the Rm1x causes a very tiny delay when set to record mode.

Long story short, I want to offload my MBSEQs drum tracks into the Rm1x which can play those and free up the MBSEQ for the synths. The Rm1x is pretty good at programming sequences but the MBSEQ blows it out of the water. This way I can dedicate the Rm1x to play back without having to program the beats on it which is much more time consuming than on the MBSEQ.

I can understand why this issue does not really come up as, most of us, are probably using a PC to transfer the MBSEQ note data to because you can just drag the notes back or as i seen you mention before ,TK, that ou do a negative delay in Logic but hardware can be a pickle in these cases.

Of course I have to ask now... Has this already been worked out? I did not see it in the change list anywhere except "added DEBOUNCE_DELAY to MBSEQ_HW.V4". And speaking of debounce (off topic). I have a couple encoders that want to turn backwards half of the time. They were from Wilba's bulk run (soundwell). They seem like good encoders. Maybe its a solder issue but I am now curious if there is a debounce delay for encoders.

Regards,

Chris

Edited by Echopraxia

Hi Chris,

I own a RM1x as well, in fact I'm using it as a reference sequencer when checking the interaction between MBSEQ and "another device" in master and slave mode (it's always good to have reference devices from different companies).

Recording MBSEQ patterns via MIDI works fine, regardless if RM1x is in master or slave mode - I just tested this again.

Timings are stable, no delays, the recorded pattern can be looped properly.

t's especially important that you are pressing the Rew button on RM1x before recording to ensure that it starts from the first step, because it doesn't automatically synchronize to the MIDI start event (very annoying)

I'm too lazy to check this with an expired firmware release.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi!

I have strange problem with sending sysex thru MBseq V4 (LPC core,V4.057)

I cannot access MB SID with MIOS studio via router on MBseq4.

When I start MIOSstudio MBSID is reboot and I have no response from core.

I also try sending sysex to other devices, but nothing happend.

If I try send some sysex to MBseq and back to midiOX then sysex is displayed.

Everything works normally with another midi interface.

Work's that way normally before V4.057.

Any Ideas?

Thanx and Best Regards, IGI

I'm too lazy to check this with an expired firmware release.

I'm glad you didn't because not only were you on the money with the rew button, even though your on PATT 01, I also had the Rm1x midi mode as Internal. The Rm1x clock was rewinding to the external tempo because I believe it has the same master slave options that MBSEQ can do. For some reason I did not pick up on this.

Working fine now :)

Regards

It will be preaty nice to have PRE and POST options for all FX section.

Today all the FX are POST processed, if theres a option to easy choose between PRE and POST processing will be sooo nice!

For me the PRE processing of effects will be preatty usefull for example to record the effects inside track.

So when i found some EFX or a group of EFXs that fits well to the track i am working on it, i can record down the idea. without this option i always have to remember what kind of EFX params i have use for that specific track(no persistent data).

Hi!

Here is another problem with MBSEQ V4 (LPC core, V4.057)

Note length in editor is not working.

Recording is OK, but in edit mode length has no effect.

And as I was mentioned before, there is still some problem with

sending sysex through SEQ.

(all that works fine on V4.055. I don't know about V4.056, because I can't test

this version. Reason? Hard fault at PC.....)

Best regards, IGI

Edited by igi

Here is another problem with MBSEQ V4 (LPC core, V4.057)

Note length in editor is not working.

Recording is OK, but in edit mode length has no effect.

I wasn't able to reproduce this, especially since I use the length almost daily I'm sure that the problem is related to a parameter that you set by fault, e.g. Sustain mode?

And as I was mentioned before, there is still some problem with

sending sysex through SEQ.

I was able to reproduce this and it's fixed! :)

Here a temporary update: http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_seq_v4_057_3.zip

Next version tomorrow once I tested Midilab's new (and fancy) Remix page which redefines the usage of MBSEQ!!! :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi!

Good news! :twitch:

Seems everything is working fine.

No problems with Sysex,

No problems with "Hard foults",

No problems with note lenght!(I have this problems just with V4.057.Earlier versions OK, V4.057_3 OK :thumbsup: )

Thanks TK, for this really great Sequencer and for your help and support!!! :flowers:

Best Regards,IGI

Thanks for testing! :)

A new release is available - optimized for your Easter Jam! :-)

MIDIboxSEQ V4.058
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

o a new Pattern Remix feature has been implemented by Midilab.

It's optimized for live sessions and got a special page:
- pattern names can be previewed before they are selected
- patterns change when the selection button is pressed a second time
- mixer maps are dumped with pattern change
- the "Remix" function allows to select tracks which should be kept
(not overwritten by pattern changes)
- allows to synchronize with Ableton Live clips

The full documentation can be found under:
http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fsequencers%2Fmidibox_seq_v4%2Fdoc%2Fpattern_remix_manual.txt

Note that the correct function of this feature requires, that the remix page
is assigned to a dedicated button. This has to be done in the MBSEQ_HW.V4 file
(new entry: BUTTON_PATTERN_RMX) - e.g. you could assign it to F4

o corrected SysEx output for LPC17
[/code]

Proposals for enhancements of the Remix page are welcome!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

The sequencer records exactly the note which has been received.

Maybe you've activated the transpose function in the Track Mode page, or increased the octave in the Transpose page, so that the playback is affected?

Best Regards, Thorsten.