MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

TK.

Request for a dedicated FX MENU button + led:

Hi TK,

it would be nice to have a dedicated FX MENU button + led in some future release if it colud be done fast and easily.

Then i could make my V3 panel engravings to match the V4 display content again,

by using the the new option to configure the Menu page in the config file.

Thanks and best regards,

Gridracer

LED_FX               0   0
BUTTON_FX       0   0

Thanks! Works very well.

It's possible to enable a second bpm-led for the first step of a bar* (bound to the midi-clock)?
*or with a divider to show the step No. 1-16-32 or 1-12-24, adjusted via menu or MBSEQ_HW.V4?

It's possible to enable a second bpm-led for the first step of a bar* (bound to the midi-clock)?
*or with a divider to show the step No. 1-16-32 or 1-12-24, adjusted via menu or MBSEQ_HW.V4?

Wouldn't it be better to have a LED function which turns on when the 1st step of the configured "measure" is reached?

This would be a configurable option - and it clearly shows, when tracks are synchronized to measure (if this function is enabled)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

6 hours ago, TK. said:

Wouldn't it be better to have a LED function which turns on when the 1st step of the configured "measure" is reached?

This would be a configurable option - and it clearly shows, when tracks are synchronized to measure (if this function is enabled)

Sounds perfect. Just what I need.

I finally have my DOUT and AOUT_NG units working on my Seq V4 and my drum modules and monosynths & modular are having a blast  :-)

The "slide" amount for each CV in the "CV Config" page is a nice feature.  Would it be possible for it to work like "fingered portamento" on many MIDI synths?  Having two notes connected via a "glide" duration would turn on the slide, separated notes would make it zero.

I have no idea if that might be possible...  it would be really cool :-)
Drew

Hi TK,

The latest firmware seems to have upset my workflow a little... before I had a dediated button (F2) that took me straight into "live record" and a press of "edit" took me back , now it seems the two options are selected on the recording setup screen which is less useful to my own way of working (its easy to know where the F buttons are on my "box" without having to look at it)

Is there any way I can make "step record" and "live record" both as F buttons as this would be the perfect solution for my work !!

Hello

I just finished Midibox SEQ V4 based on Wilba's frontpanel and it seems to work. My little problem concerns the SD card reader.
At start "searching sd card" is displayed; but it is never detected. If I reset, it is still not found .But if I take out the card and I put it back in the drive it is directly detected.
But to have the changes to the cfg Wilba   saved on the SD card, I still have to reset the core.
Is this normal?

On 22. Februar 2016 at 2:39 AM, oozitron said:

The "slide" amount for each CV in the "CV Config" page is a nice feature.  Would it be possible for it to work like "fingered portamento" on many MIDI synths?  Having two notes connected via a "glide" duration would turn on the slide, separated notes would make it zero.

I have no idea if that might be possible...  it would be really cool :-)

Ok, I will check this - added to the wish list

On 22. Februar 2016 at 5:46 PM, phillwilson said:

Is there any way I can make "step record" and "live record" both as F buttons as this would be the perfect solution for my work !!

added to the wish list as well

3 hours ago, doc007 said:

I just finished Midibox SEQ V4 based on Wilba's frontpanel and it seems to work. My little problem concerns the SD card reader.
At start "searching sd card" is displayed; but it is never detected. If I reset, it is still not found .But if I take out the card and I put it back in the drive it is directly detected.
But to have the changes to the cfg Wilba   saved on the SD card, I still have to reset the core.
Is this normal?

no, this isn't normal

Would it be possible to try it with a different SD Card (e.g. from a different vendor) just to doublecheck if the problem is located somewhere in the HW wiring, or to a compatibility issue?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Yes, I also have a feature request!!!

In history I builded a P3 sequencer, from Collin from sequentix, and this had a special 'tune' knob. It was a really handy knob witch I used a lot with my old analoge synths. When you hit it it sends a C3 note-on midi command on all outputs, and when you hit it again it sends the corresponding note-off command, I would love such a button cause it eliminates a technical setup step, really easy tuning!

Cheers,

Roel

Just now, Elektruck said:

Yes, I also have a feature request!!!

In history I builded a P3 sequencer, from Collin from sequentix, and this had a special 'tune' knob. It was a really handy knob witch I used a lot with my old analoge synths. When you hit it it sends a C3 note-on midi command on all outputs, and when you hit it again it sends the corresponding note-off command, I would love such a button cause it eliminates a technical setup step, really easy tuning!

Cheers,

Roel

Couldn't you just save a "tuning" track, and then load/play when you want to tune up?

hi TK

i noticed that
while on CC (NOTE and CHORD works ok) type track
while being in the Live rec mode, Rec is on
after executing UTILITY->CLR ,sequencer do not record CC data anymore
on the selected track
but is stil reading incoming data (in Edit page ,step number changes when CC data incoming)
is just not inserting it in to the Layer steps
also Random Generated values are not inserted after UTILITY->CLR

to be able to record again i have to INITIALIZE the track

also situation

CC or NOTE or CHORD track in Live rec mode ,Rec is on
when i execute Select + Clear
Rec is sudenly Off
but after turning it On in Jam page,sequencer is back to recording incoming CC data to layer steps

so

would be possible to have Recording going ON after UTILITY->CLR (maybe little check why data is not recorded)and Recording stay ON after SELECT+CLEAR ?

or is this how its intended?

p.s.
also one moment had idea that different Timing DIVIDE'rs for each layer could be great.

sincerely
   Kazik

Edited by k2z3k0