MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

TK.

On 2/5/2018 at 4:08 PM, mfk said:

my bpm-led flashes aynchronous to the beat. (v4_095_pre9). Any ideas?

This exact same thing happened to me with my STM32 SEQ v4 (first version STM32, not STM32F4). I actually solved it this way: I decided to upload the previous versions to check when the bug was introduced, but I ended uploading backwards to such old versions on which I was sure this didn't happen at the time of release. I think I got back to something like "midibox_seq_v4_074" and the bug was still there! So I gave up.

Uploading such previous versions and the corresponding old "hwcfg" file made my configuration parameters not valid. So when uploading back to "midibox_seq_v4_094b" I had to manually reset all my MIDI Router parameters and other settings in the "Options" page which got deleted. After doing this, the BPM LED started blinking correctly on the beat again. So I am guessing that something was messed up in the MBSEQ_GC.V4 file or somewhere else.

Hope I am making myself clear and that this will help.

Edited by vcfool

• 3 weeks later...

i'm still running v4.091.

There is an issue with the  midi input. I cannot enter a C-6 with midi input.

When i watch the "midi monitor" it shows a sysex output on that note.

Also if I play a C-6 while on the "mute" page it will unmute all the tracks. ahh!

I'm not sure how to fix this.  Please help.

Edited by K-rAd

10 hours ago, K-rAd said:

i'm still running v4.091.

There is an issue with the  midi input. I cannot enter a C-6 with midi input.

When i watch the "midi monitor" it shows a sysex output on that note.

Also if I play a C-6 while on the "mute" page it will unmute all the tracks. ahh!

I'm not sure how to fix this.  Please help.

As i remember, C-6 is the default remote key that is configurable to V4.093 in MBSEQ_HW.V4 file:

##################################################
# MIDI Remote Keyboard Function
##################################################

# The note number which activates the remote function
# 96 = C-6 (some MIDI monitors display C-5)
# 0 disables the remote keyboard function
MIDI_REMOTE_KEY 96

# The CC number which activates the remote function
# (e.g. to control it with a footswitch)
# Allowed numbers: 1-127 for CC#1..CC#127
# 0 disables the function (default)
MIDI_REMOTE_CC 0

..but since V4.094, it's configurable in Option Page, like TK mentioned here:

http://midibox.org/forums/topic/13137-midibox-seq-v4-release-feedback/?page=49#comment-179576

Greetings,

rio

Edited by Rio

hi,

When "Midi Remote Key" is pressed, you can control multiple SEQ functions with different midi notes (which can be triggered by your controller or keyboard):

http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Fsequencers%2Fmidibox_seq_v4%2Fdoc%2Fmbseqv4_remote_functions.txt&peg=2562

PS: If you have general questions to "how to use the SEQ", then it's best to create an own thread.

Greetings, rio

Edited by Rio

In the options menu, #19 allows you to set the initial CC value for Clear and Init. Would it be possible to either make another option for the PrgCh default value or to use the CC settings for PrgCh as well? When assigning PrgCh to a track layer it defaults to 0 for all steps, so right away a PrgCh message of `0` is sent. I think it would be more ideal for the default value to be `---` so that the PrgCh messages would have to be explicitly set on a step.

• 3 weeks later...

since V4.093:

MIDIboxSEQ V4.093
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

o notes in edit screen are displayed transposed now

Is it possible to include this representation as an option (e.g. display edit notes transposed: yes/no) in the option page? For me, it's quite difficult  to find or remember the original/root notes of the track again when editing live.

Is this a bug: Say I have a bass line. I change layers D & E to Filter Cuttoff and Resonance. Then I go to the random page. I turn the layer A knob all the way down to --. And change layer D & E to 63. If I select random, I do get randomized values for D&E, but I also get them for layer A - notes even though I turned off layer A. If my bass line is only a few notes, after I hit randomize, I get a note for every step, even when layer A is turned off.

Thanks

@Rio: please try this version:
http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_seq_v4_095_pre12.zip

o OPTIONS page: new option "Print Notes with transposed value".
     Enabled by default (due to change in V4.093), can be optionally disabled now.

@goyousalukis works fine for me.
Could you please check if TrgA is disabled?
Use GP9 to scroll the page until TrgA get's visible. Then turn off the value to --

Best Regards, Thorsten.

1 hour ago, k2z3k0 said:

did anyone have strange files (copy.v4t) in PRESETS directory?

after deleting them they are coming back after some time,unfortunately i can not tell after what situation they do

See section 4.2.1. (Copy, paste, duplicate, quick-export/import) of the Beginner's Guide:

One or several tracks can also be quick-exported and imported. Multiple tracks within a single group can be selected with the track selection buttons, or any combination of tracks on the Track Selection page (available only as an F1–F4 button or as a saved bookmarks; see Appendices 1 and 2), and then exported with MENU + COPY. This will copy all data in the track(s), including settings, into the PRESETS folder, i.e. they're not session dependent. This means that you can have a maximum of sixteen tracks exported this way at any given time for all your sessions. The file names are of the form COPYx(.V4T), where x is the relative number of the quick-exported track (1–16). Relative means that if, for example, you have selected tracks G2T2, G2T3 and G2T4 and then quick-export them with MENU + COPY, they will be called COPY1, COPY2 and COPY3, even though their “absolute” track numbers are 6, 7 and 8.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, been playing around a bit with the sequencer lately and have some questions (requests if its not possible to do atm):

first, when using quantize during live recording, is it possible to have it quantize when the pattern actually restarts rather than when the note is actually played.

i found it pretty darn annoying to have notes getting cut off when triggered coz of the note just played being moved ahead in time so to speak.

so a setting @ quantize where you can choose to quantize at the restart of the pattern (preferably only the notes that were played that "round").

another thing id like to see an improved humanize fx  where also the note triggering get randomly shifted in time from the current position (where you set maximum ticks or whatever).

maybe its possible to poll the coming notes to be able to shift it to trigger ahead of actual position.

if any of this is possible already, let me know how plz :)

Edited by modus0perandi

I have recently been thinking about how how to best implement sampled loops into the MBSEQ workflow. It would be great to have a type of track ("Loop Track" maybe) that automatically calculates a Pitch Bend value to offset the tuning of loops in relationship  to the actual BPM.

Imagine you have some sampled percussion loops that are at 125 BPM, and you are playing at 128. In the Config Page of the "Loop Track", you can enter both the original BPM of your loops and how many semitones your sampler  detunes them in reaction to Pitch Bend. MBSEQ then calculates the needed PB value to send to the sampler patch so the loops are at the correct pitch (well, length, rather...). Something like :128/125=1.024, sampler pitchbends sounds 7 semitones, so PB value needed = XXXX  (I don't really know what the formula would be, I am sure TK could figure it out easily).

That would be very handy indeed for all kinds of backing tracks! 

Credit to whom credit is due: the core idea Sneak Thief already implemented in his live performance sequencer years ago (he demonstrated it to me once a couple of years ago).

hey everyone

lately i've tried to record simple sequence from ext midi keyboard

and to my suprise seems as my midibox do not send NOTE OFF message

my SUSTAIN option is off and changing my gate length is not making sound to stop

do i miss something here?

best regards

K

ok i checked it with midiox and seems that NOTE OFF is sent imidietaly after NOTE ON

no matter what settings of the gate is

as well pressing and holding key for example for 7 steps while recording does not make sequencer set length of 7 steps of that recorded note

does anybody else have that?

also SUSTAIN option in MODE menu does not switch off sending NOTE OFF

best regards

k

Edited by k2z3k0

Hi,

Yesterday I played around with the loopback feature. If I had set a track to bus 1 then I can already see the NRPN LSB descriptions for the CC inside that track - nice, but If i choose another bus (2,3,4) the standard description of the CCs is shown again. Is that intended or a visual bug?

best regards,

rio

Edited by Rio