MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

TK.

On 16.2.2020 at 7:56 PM, TK. said:

Ok, something to try out: http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_seq_v4_097_pre2.zip

It also features the auto-track selection for recording (in MIDI configuration page, turn Chn. encoder to right to select "Auto")

Best Regards, Thorsten. 

I was just wondering because in the "MIDI" config on the Jam Page, it has not yet been updated. Greetings.

Edited by Rio

4 hours ago, Rio said:

I was just wondering because in the "MIDI" config on the Jam Page, it has not yet been updated. Greetings.

yes

i suppose is just minor thing to straight out in code

if you go to Menu -> Midi ->Transpose and Arp ,there yes you can set CHANNEL to AUTO

BUT

if you go to Utility -> Jam -> MIDI ,there you CAN'T set Midi channel to AUTO,instead is showing Channel #18

but as i said i suppose is little thing to straight out

we just need to wait and give careful and precise feedback

and as always THANK YOU TK for your time

i feel if this works out correctly it will be huge upgrade for live perfomance capabilities of MBSEQ v4.

thanks for your time

Kazik

Edited by k2z3k0

Hi,

Quick proposal: when the option "ALL Function works on Step View only" is enabled, and when skipping from step-view 1-16 to 17-32, wouldn't it make sense that the cursor "follows" from step 1 to step 17?

Thanks

Edited by gotkovsky

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

As documented in this thread, I've encountered a sync bug regarding pattern switching in SONG and PHRASE mode, when tracks don't share the same time division and/or length.

I attached a zip file containing a session with a simple reproduction of the issue (please refer to original thread for more details).

Here are also two videos with the actual song that I was working on when I discovered the bug.

Pay attention to the TDP when the patterns are switched around 0:16 and 0:32:

And the second one with just the Organ lead sound, with the tempo slowed down and Follow Mode activated. At 0:42 we can see that the last step of the second pattern plays instead of the last step of the first pattern:

Hope this can be fixed!

Best,

Kevin

BUGREPRO.zip

Edited by gotkovsky

Hello everybody! Long time no see. How are you all? Here is an hard fight..

So i am recording into the SEQ v4 every pattern i have on other sequencers or synths and rearranging them into songs, very cool :cheers:, but i have some questions.

First thing, while i am recording, in Record Page, Live mode + Autostart on, i'd really like to have an option to stop the the track at the end point (length) so it doesn't loop the pattern. Fast stopping the external sequencer at the end of the pattern it's difficult, some time overwrite the first one or two notes of the loop, if this note happen to be long, the long gate (glide) become short and stops where i've stopped the external sequencer. This should be something like one shot pattern recording.

On a Drum track instead i can't figure out the FAST button that activate itself when i switch on this kind of tracks, can't find reference of that, where the ALL button in EDIT mode change values in a Ramp like form if i turn the 1st encoder where the 16th change the values all together. I can understand the use of this option for crescendo but i don't find reference on the guide.

Last but not least in the Song mode, the function i use most, should be possible to have an Action where i can choose witch pattern track restart and witch not? More or less like the Mutes Action. Maybe this a global function that can't be triggered per track, so i'm guessing. This will help a lot in the song composition. As i understand the workaround is to write patterns of the same length across the same track, so they switch in time, but what happen if i swich song where a track has a different pattern length?

Thansk!

G.

Edited by ganchan

On 10/4/2020 at 0:43 PM, gotkovsky said:

Hello,

About your last question, have you tried using the "ReSt." (restart) function in Track Mode? As I understood it allows to use a different "Restart all tracks on pattern change" option per track.

Cheers,

Kevin

Thankyou very much i'll look into that.

G.

Edited by ganchan

Hi,

I am still using the old core STM32 and Wilba's frontpanel and I have a request that would make my workflow faster and easier.

Would it be possible to have the Datawheel and Up/Down buttons to do different things in Step Edit mode?

So when holding the Edit button I would like an extra parameter for the Up/Down buttons just like the one for the Datawheel. Then we could for example use the Up/Down buttons for selecting the Parameter Layer and the Datawheel for value, step or any other combination.

Thank you very much again.

On 10/4/2020 at 0:43 PM, gotkovsky said:

Hello,

About your last question, have you tried using the "ReSt." (restart) function in Track Mode? As I understood it allows to use a different "Restart all tracks on pattern change" option per track.

Cheers,

Kevin

I've tried this one but as the manual says the option restart the track when a key/note is played :)

I am trying some different sync configurations.

G.

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered this video today and tried to recreate it because it sounds so good.There is a fixed beat. The elements in it shift depending on each other. (exponential?)Perhaps that would be nice as a built-in midi effect with adjustable parameters.... just a quarantine idea
(especially from minute 2:29)

Edited by mfk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

In jam mode i know it is possible to use a keyboard and record live in de sequencer. Currently i use no keyboard and have a drumcomputer which has no built in sequencer. Is it possible to assign a key on the midibox that use can use to live jam. So lets day i have a drum channel and select bd that i can press a key and sents a note via midi to the drumcomputer and records with jam mode to the sequencer. Maybe this is already possible but i cant find it.

Cheers,

Niels 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody ever proposed a "strum" feature on chords? So the start of the notes get broken up, like strumming on a guitar. It could be really simply implemented, maybe even just by assigning a parameter layer of a track with several pitch layers to be a roll layer.

1 hour ago, u-link said:

Has anybody ever proposed a "strum" feature on chords? So the start of the notes get broken up, like strumming on a guitar. It could be really simply implemented, maybe even just by assigning a parameter layer of a track with several pitch layers to be a roll layer.

I asked for such a function a few months ago, except I called it ‘broken chord’ instead of ‘strumming’. Still think it would be really nice as a parameter layer!

Edited by gotkovsky

41 minutes ago, gotkovsky said:

I asked for such a function a few months ago, except I called it ‘brocken chord’ instead of ‘strumming’. Still think it would be really nice as a parameter layer!

Sorry, I hadn't seen that. Would also be ace if the MIDI delay (one of my fave features) would allow for "spreading", kinda like a multitap delay, so some notes of a chord would be repeated at say 3/16 and others at 1/4 etc.

Edited by u-link

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Here's a proposal that I've had in mind since I've been using SONG mode in the past months: it could be nice to have a "Restart" action for given song positions, which could look just like the "Mutes" action, but instead of muting/unmuting it would restart or not the chosen tracks, if "disabled" is chosen in the "Restart all tracks on pattern change" in the options menu.

I think it would be very useful, because for example when working on just the middle or end of a song, most of the times I have to playback the song from the beginning to be sure about what's gonna play and in what length positions my tracks will be on a further song position. 

Hope it makes sense and that other users will like it too!

On 12/6/2020 at 11:38 AM, gotkovsky said:

Hello,

Here's a proposal that I've had in mind since I've been using SONG mode in the past months: it could be nice to have a "Restart" action for given song positions, which could look just like the "Mutes" action, but instead of muting/unmuting it would restart or not the chosen tracks, if "disabled" is chosen in the "Restart all tracks on pattern change" in the options menu.

I think it would be very useful, because for example when working on just the middle or end of a song, most of the times I have to playback the song from the beginning to be sure about what's gonna play and in what length positions my tracks will be on a further song position. 

Hope it makes sense and that other users will like it too!

There is a function for this, you should assign every part of the song to a song position, pushing the 16 buttons and play will start the song from that position, like A1 intro, B1 phrase, C1 phrase2, D4 bridge ecc.

Edited by ganchan