MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

TK.

Yes, the function is different, see also the MIDI Router documentation under http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_seq_manual_m.html

Alternatively, also "Track" can be selected as target channel. In this case, incoming MIDI events will be routed to the MIDI port and channel of a track depending on the incoming MIDI channel number.
Usecase: MIDI events, such as CC or Notes, should be sent from a master keyboard or MIDI controller to synths which are assigned to different port and MIDI channels in the track configuration.
Just select the track with the MIDI channel on your keyboard/controller, the router will take care that the events reach the right destination.

I think it makes clear, that incoming MIDI messages won't be forwarded to the tracks, they will be directly sent over the MIDI port + channel of the appr. tracks.

For the mentioned use case, it would even be counter productive if track mutes would disable this forwarding - just imagine, somebody wants to mute some sequences played by tracks in order to play live over one or more keyboards by using this routing feature  - this wouldn't work anymore.

Your proposal is something different, and it would fit better as a multi track feature for the Record & Live function, not to the MIDI router.

Some general changes have to be done in the firmware to allow this - I added it to the Wishlist.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

3 hours ago, TK. said:

Yes, the function is different, see also the MIDI Router documentation under http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_seq_manual_m.html

Alternatively, also "Track" can be selected as target channel. In this case, incoming MIDI events will be routed to the MIDI port and channel of a track depending on the incoming MIDI channel number.
Usecase: MIDI events, such as CC or Notes, should be sent from a master keyboard or MIDI controller to synths which are assigned to different port and MIDI channels in the track configuration.
Just select the track with the MIDI channel on your keyboard/controller, the router will take care that the events reach the right destination.

Your proposal is something different, and it would fit better as a multi track feature for the Record & Live function, not to the MIDI router.

Some general changes have to be done in the firmware to allow this - I added it to the Wishlist.

Ok cool, i hope that also means that i would be able to apply fx on incoming data, mute etc even without recording, which was mostly what i was after, like how that box works which i linked earlier, but with added sequencer possiblilty of the midibox. :)

Best regards!

Edited by modus0perandi

• 1 month later...

Has anyone thought to implement a drum trigger grid indication on the TPD? It is a natural fit with its 8 x 16 LED display .  

I know you can hold the instrument mode button down and see all the different tracks triggering but to have a visual grid might be really nice. My first drum machine was TR707 and the grid view lcd was nice!!!

~steve

• Like 2

Hi all,

I think it has been requested before but I'm not sure... I would really like to divide the clock outputs more. Now the clock can get really fast, 384 ppq, and that's great! but the lowest clock is 1 ppq. And that's still quite fast. I would like to use a clock to reset something every 64th step. But for that I have to divide the clock output through an external clock divider. It would be great to get it from the sequencer itself. Now I use a dedicated track for that but I still have 6 unused clock outputs....I hope it's possible. Cheers!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 4:12 AM, Elektruck said:

Hi all,

I think it has been requested before but I'm not sure... I would really like to divide the clock outputs more. Now the clock can get really fast, 384 ppq, and that's great! but the lowest clock is 1 ppq. And that's still quite fast. I would like to use a clock to reset something every 64th step. But for that I have to divide the clock output through an external clock divider. It would be great to get it from the sequencer itself. Now I use a dedicated track for that but I still have 6 unused clock outputs....I hope it's possible. Cheers!

@Elektruck, looks like there is somewhere a v4.097 OS that gives deeper divisions for clock out (CV page)!!

https://github.com/midibox/mios32/blob/master/apps/sequencers/midibox_seq_v4/CHANGELOG.txt

~Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for showing this, that looks very promising! I wanted to compile the code, but I get an error: 

c:\Users\Samsung\dwhelper\Downloads\mios32-master\mios32-master\apps\sequencers\midibox_seq_v4>make

rm -f project.hex

project_build/core/seq_cv.o: In function `SEQ_CV_IfSet':

c:\Users\Samsung\dwhelper\Downloads\mios32-master\mios32-master\apps\sequencers\midibox_seq_v4/core/seq_cv.c:157: undefined reference to `AOUT_IF_MaxChannelsGet'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [project_build/project.elf] Error 1

But I'm not in a hurry so I can wait for the next release!

1 hour ago, Elektruck said:

Hi Steve, thanks for showing this, that looks very promising! I wanted to compile the code, but I get an error: 

c:\Users\Samsung\dwhelper\Downloads\mios32-master\mios32-master\apps\sequencers\midibox_seq_v4>make

rm -f project.hex

project_build/core/seq_cv.o: In function `SEQ_CV_IfSet':

c:\Users\Samsung\dwhelper\Downloads\mios32-master\mios32-master\apps\sequencers\midibox_seq_v4/core/seq_cv.c:157: undefined reference to `AOUT_IF_MaxChannelsGet'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [project_build/project.elf] Error 1

But I'm not in a hurry so I can wait for the next release!

Take a look here:

you have to adjust your config / paths correctly.

best regards, Rio

• 4 weeks later...

hello, 

is it posible to implement in the length menu a custom length ? i know to use the dial to set it to the length you ned but i often work with lengths like 3,6,7,9 and i saw that at the length option there is a slot free. would be great to have a custom one there ...  any how i had a great day with the midibox, very great tool. thanks all and TK for this great tool.

yes. i know how to edit length. thanks. i mean as a quick entry on the rigth side on the length menue. there is one fre slot so if you can set here a custom length it would be aswome for faster jamming :). sorry hard to explain in english. im a stupid german :) thnaks and take care.

Edited by cit

• 2 weeks later...

Minor request:

When using a track to control the clock division of another track, the values are offset by -1 from the settings in the clock divider menu. For example: setting a value of 16 in the sequencer sets the clock division to 17. Would it be possible for the values in the sequencer to match 1:1 with the value of the clock setting menu?

Thank you as always for your continued efforts :)

• Like 1

Bug when recording inside track with Quantize:

If you record notes with e.g. Quantize (e.g. 80%) and meanwhile/afterwards CCs or aftertouch (channel pressure) are being sent while a note is held, the length of the recorded held note is immediately interrupted.

Would be really cool if that was fixed. Thank you.

Best regards, rio

Edited by Rio

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
hi 

did anyone tried that ?
i can make it work with 0..15 but not 127 for currently selected track

o CC#99 (0x63 - NRPN MSB)
     Selects the Track which should be modified via NRPN
     Allowed values: 0..15 for Track 1-16, 127 to modify the current selected track

seq_midi_in.c says

case 0x63: // NRPN MSB (selects track, if >= SEQ_CORE_NUM_TRACKS, take the currently visible track)

nrpn_msb = value;

break;

• 4 weeks later...