TK.

MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

1,470 posts in this topic

@sloI'm not sure thats what I'm after as the shadow out is for the selected track only. Now I cant remember how I got it working the other day:pout:. It would be cool if the buses were available as a duplicate FX destination 

Edited by MidiSlave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, k2z3k0 said:

would it be usefull option among track settings that you can turn off or on,for midibox to send Note Off message when you Mute or Solo?

this way if you have for example longer sample(drumloop) on particular channel that you muting, this sample will be stoped by sampler,very handy

otherwise sample is still going after muting it,which could be not desired effect

and the same way Solo that will send Note off to every track that have this option on

i think this could nicely make mix clean

You are right, at the moment, the Note Off always gets sent when the note would finish without muting the track. An option to cut off the note immediately would indeed be handy! 

On the same note: is there an Panic or All Notes Off button somewhere? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, u-link said:

On the same note: is there an Panic or All Notes Off button somewhere? 

also it could be sent after pressing STOP(optionaly of course)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi everyone

 

want to share with my idea for a tool ,kinda groovelizer

which would modify inside midibox tracks layers,

essentialy in my mind it could be simply one of the Track Type's

so you have to sacrifice one of midibox tracks

or maybe seperate module?

ok so my basic idea is-

 

Groovelizer Track Type(or module) would have one Groove sequence(or more),

would be great if it could keep regular track functions :Random Generator,Track Length,and Track Divider etc.

would be great if other Edit functions work too here

 

and each step of that sequence would be applied to each of the Groovelizer Layers

 

Groovelizer Track Type would have (for example) 8 Layers

each Layer contain Parameters:

-destination track nr

-destination track layer

-value range(value(from Groove sequence) div (select divider 1,2,3,4 etc.))

-Value mode:replace,replace inverse,add,sub (decides how value from Groove sequence is appplied to track layer value)

 

Main (EDIT)screen:

first row -Groove sequence

second row-(selectable) Layer Parameter(track nr,track layer,value range,value mode)

 

maybe it would be possible to have On/Off switch(encoder push),

when it goes ON,it makes snapshot of each(8) Groovelizer Layer currently set destination track layer's

when it goes OFF,it recals it them

 

of course would be nice to have also option to save current setting(Groove sequence,layer's params),maybe few slots for saving,maybe recall option too

 

please let me know what you think

bests

  K

 

Edited by k2z3k0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Development Queue overflow... %-)

Your input won't get lost, but I think that I've to consolidate the ideas and request if still valid based on my proposals once I find the time to think about the implementation...

@Rio: thanks! :)

@beautyofdecay_ I added an experimental AOUT calibration feature:

 

   o V4+ AOUT: support for AOUT channel calibration.
     In the CV configuration menu, turn GP ENC #7 until 0V/1V/2V/.../Max will be visible.
     Calibrate the offset of the target value with ENC #8.
     Each V has a dedicated calibration value which can be configured this way, the output will be interpolated accordingly.
     Note that with exiting the CV configuration menu the calibration values are stored on SD Card in the MBSEQ_GC.V4 file
     (-> CV_Cali <cv-counting-from-0>).
     You could backup/set/restore the values from there if required.
     To reset all calibration values: delete all CV_Cali items in MBSEQ_GC.V4, store the file and enter "reset" in MIOS terminal.

Please try this version: http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_seq_v4_095_pre13.zip

Does it work at your side?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22.6.2018 at 8:54 AM, k2z3k0 said:

hi everyone

 

want to share with my idea for a tool ,kinda groovelizer

which would modify inside midibox tracks layers,

essentialy in my mind it could be simply one of the Track Type's

so you have to sacrifice one of midibox tracks

or maybe seperate module?

ok so my basic idea is-

 

Groovelizer Track Type(or module) would have one Groove sequence(or more),

would be great if it could keep regular track functions :Random Generator,Track Length,and Track Divider etc.

would be great if other Edit functions work too here

 

and each step of that sequence would be applied to each of the Groovelizer Layers

 

Groovelizer Track Type would have (for example) 8 Layers

each Layer contain Parameters:

-destination track nr

-destination track layer

-value range(value(from Groove sequence) div (select divider 1,2,3,4 etc.))

-Value mode:replace,replace inverse,add,sub (decides how value from Groove sequence is appplied to track layer value)

 

Main (EDIT)screen:

first row -Groove sequence

second row-(selectable) Layer Parameter(track nr,track layer,value range,value mode)

 

maybe it would be possible to have On/Off switch(encoder push),

when it goes ON,it makes snapshot of each(8) Groovelizer Layer currently set destination track layer's

when it goes OFF,it recals it them

 

of course would be nice to have also option to save current setting(Groove sequence,layer's params),maybe few slots for saving,maybe recall option too

 

please let me know what you think

bests

  K

 

You mean some kind of meta-track that could control several other tracks instead of just one track? This would be great indeed! It would also be great to have some kind of a "horizontal mode" that would show one parameter for all 16 tracks. So EG you have all the dividers or directions or lengths or delays times at the same time - this might work well as an extension to the Mixer mode, I think. When I first got the Sequencer I actually thought you could use the Mixer for this, as in "just set to the appropriate CC that modifies the track parameter, eg. CC1 for controlling the Morphing on all channels".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes that is exactly idea

in my mind it could make improvement for live performance

 

bests.k

Edited by k2z3k0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, k2z3k0 said:

yes that is exactly idea

in my mind it could make improvement for live performance

 

bests.k

It would also be great if one would be able to control track settings from within the track itself, eg. have a layer control the Delay Note +/- setting or the delay division. I find that using a second track to control a parameter of the first track eats up tracks fast (even more so if you use more than one, eg. with different lengths) and it's hard to remember which track did what. And the first step into that direction is, it seems to me, kinda taken already since TK added the transposition control for chord tracks from the same track.

But maybe we have to hold back a bit with more feature suggestions (taking to myself, mainly ;-))!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22-6-2018 at 11:53 PM, TK. said:

 

@beautyofdecay_ I added an experimental AOUT calibration feature:


   o V4+ AOUT: support for AOUT channel calibration.
     In the CV configuration menu, turn GP ENC #7 until 0V/1V/2V/.../Max will be visible.
     Calibrate the offset of the target value with ENC #8.
     Each V has a dedicated calibration value which can be configured this way, the output will be interpolated accordingly.
     Note that with exiting the CV configuration menu the calibration values are stored on SD Card in the MBSEQ_GC.V4 file
     (-> CV_Cali <cv-counting-from-0>).
     You could backup/set/restore the values from there if required.
     To reset all calibration values: delete all CV_Cali items in MBSEQ_GC.V4, store the file and enter "reset" in MIOS terminal.

Please try this version: http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_seq_v4_095_pre13.zip

Does it work at your side?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks very much for this addition. The new calibration function works great! Most voltages can be calibrated within 1 mV. Awesome!

Best regards, Andre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2018 at 11:13 AM, u-link said:

Hi, I think I found a bug. I am on V4+.095 with the STM32F4 core. The "Duplicate FX" only works if the receiving channel is different to the one the track is set to. This would make sense if it is set to the same port, but not if set to a different port. So my track is outputting on Out 3, channel 2, I want to duplicate to Out 1, channel 2. Doesn't work, only if i set the duplicate destination to 1, 3, 4 etc.

I actually want to use the Duplicate FX to send CC feedback to a NG controller with 2 LRE8x2, so obviously the controller receives on the same channel as it sends. Is there a smarter way to achieve this? Like this you still need to configure anew for each pattern (or make a Preset for each one).

 

Edit: If you set "Additional Channels" to more than 1, the channel with the same number is included, too, but obviously the next one too.

The "Duplicate FX" no longer works for me sending to any channel. 

Is there something that I could have done to mess it up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MidiSlave said:

The "Duplicate FX" no longer works for me sending to any channel. 

Is there something that I could have done to mess it up? 

What have you set it to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, u-link said:

What have you set it to?

I was mistaken in thinking live forwarded notes from midi in would be effected by Duplicate FX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if it's possible to set the voices of a drum track to different midi channels?

I have a Digitakt that has audio tracks on seperate midi channels.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 6:46 PM, beautyofdecay_ said:

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks very much for this addition. The new calibration function works great! Most voltages can be calibrated within 1 mV. Awesome!

Best regards, Andre.

Oh this is great.  This was something I wanted to add along with the new aout im working on based on TI DAC8568 (8 channel part, same as used in O_C, Yarns, others)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2018 at 7:49 PM, MidiSlave said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to set the voices of a drum track to different midi channels?

I have a Digitakt that has audio tracks on seperate midi channels.  

Hi, 

Hopefully someone will chime in if I am wrong, but I don't think there is a way to send different notes to different channels within a single track. A couple of possible ideas would be a MidiBox NG (another STM core with MidiIO) that takes the drum track input, processes it, and then sends out different channels, or some kind of software solution that does it on your PC.

(Or another MBSeq dedicated just to the Digikat! :)

Edited by goyousalukis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/07/2018 at 3:27 AM, goyousalukis said:

Hi, 

Hopefully someone will chime in if I am wrong, but I don't think there is a way to send different notes to different channels within a single track. A couple of possible ideas would be a MidiBox NG (another STM core with MidiIO) that takes the drum track input, processes it, and then sends out different channels, or some kind of software solution that does it on your PC.

(Or another MBSeq dedicated just to the Digikat! :)

that's ok. I've got a retrokits rk-002 cable that can handle that stuff. 

on another note.

I'm having trouble figuring out why all busses are restarting a drum sequence I have listening to bus 1 in normal mode with restart on.

I have a note track restarting the drum track with various rhythms. My aim was to have another note track sending to another bus to step trigger a melodic sequence listening to that bus.

The notes from this second bus-sending track is restarting the drum track thats listening to bus 1 regardless what channel/bus is selected. I've disable any midi router nodes.

The melodic sequence is being step triggered by the second bus rhythm as intended. 

Is this a bug? am I misunderstanding something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/06/2018 at 10:53 PM, TK. said:

 

@beautyofdecay_ I added an experimental AOUT calibration feature:

 


   o V4+ AOUT: support for AOUT channel calibration.
     In the CV configuration menu, turn GP ENC #7 until 0V/1V/2V/.../Max will be visible.
     Calibrate the offset of the target value with ENC #8.
     Each V has a dedicated calibration value which can be configured this way, the output will be interpolated accordingly.
     Note that with exiting the CV configuration menu the calibration values are stored on SD Card in the MBSEQ_GC.V4 file
     (-> CV_Cali <cv-counting-from-0>).
     You could backup/set/restore the values from there if required.
     To reset all calibration values: delete all CV_Cali items in MBSEQ_GC.V4, store the file and enter "reset" in MIOS terminal.

Please try this version: http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_seq_v4_095_pre13.zip

Does it work at your side?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I just tried this out and in worked extremely well, I've now got sub mV accuracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, I just updated to v4_095_pre13 and unfortunately I am very unhappy :hmm: with the new mute page behaviour.

o New workflow for MUTE page:
     Whenever a track or parameter layer is unmuted, it will be automatically selected

The automated activation of the unmuted track messes up my workflow: (Automated layer selection is OK)

I often noodle on my keyboard in addition to a running track, or I get lost in heavy editing of a track while I jam.

Parallel I mute and unmute tracks -> Now after unmuting I have to reselect the track I have been playing around with.

Feasible but not very handy.

If it would be possible to deactivate the automated track selection by a config parameter or in the options page that would be great.

I would be very thankful.

Best Regards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

works great.thank you

b.t.w.

is there way to remotely change select track via incoming midi(cc,pgch)?

 

kind regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW!  Support @ Lightspeed !!! :happy: Also here, everything looking good.

Thank you very much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I'll attempt to explain an issue i'm having. My apologies because it's difficult to explain.

This is what i've got going on.

Track A is being step-triggered & restarted by Track B, sending/listening to T&A Bus 1. wonderful. 

Track B has note and scale parameter layers which is nicely quantising the chaos. 

With the duplicate FX i'm sending Track A out of an output port and back to an available in port.

T&A Bus 2 listening on this Port & Channel. My goal is to step-trigger or restart Track C via T&A Bus 2 

which works, I have Bass Drum on each step on Track C being step-triggered by T&A Bus 2. 

The problem is that Track A is now being restarted by both T&A busses!

 

So to reiterate, I have T&A Bus 1 effectively feeding T&A Bus 2 but T&A Bus 2 is restarting or step-triggering T&A Bus 1.

 

THANK YOU for trying to read that.

I think it's a bug.

V4+.095

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

It's me again.

I've got a couple feature requests. Firstly It may have been mentioned in the past but I long for the ability to route multiple keyboards/synths to different tracks and live rec simultaneously.

So dedicating controller 1 to a track. controller 2 to a track. etc. I guess like 4 Jam Busses. Basically multitrack recording.

 

Secondly, how about a Keytracker FX? Note number to CC/CV conversion.

 

Love your work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi people

 

little proposal here

could channel have also port and channel number layer!?

this way,you can realy play with busses

 

just discovered morping function

it is wonderful feature

 

thank you

bests

Edited by k2z3k0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi,

i would like to know if clock CV IN are planned  (JCI port (mbhp line driver) ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now