TK.

MIDIbox SEQ V4 Release + Feedback

1,430 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello!

I've been playing with my V4+ the past few days and it's more than amazing, thank you so much TK for all your great work!

I've got two suggestions that came to mind while configuring everything with my synths/samplers setup:

1) I'd be nice to be able to rename CC parameter layers for specific tracks/synths/machines. So that LCDs — on the parameter layer page — could display custom labels ("LPCutoff" for example) instead of CC# values. It's quite hard to remember what each CCs do, as they're not assigned to same actions from a synth to another, so I think it could be a great improvement! Or can we already do that and I somehow missed it? I saw that southpole mentioned it, so is that in the to-do list?

2) Another idea for a new midi Fx on chords tracks: a ‘Broken chord’ effect that'd decompose all the notes from a given chord and ‘nudge’ their placement and velocity, in ascending, descending or random fashion. It would be a nice way to imitate some nice smooth broken chord actions. I attached a piano roll example if that helps.

Of course, I have no idea if those ideas are even possible to implement, they're just suggestions :)

Cheers!

Capture d’écran 2019-04-06 à 13.31.50.png

Edited by gotkovsky

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

First post here,

I used the latest release (midibox_seq_v4_096_pre5) on an LPC17 core. The beat led doesn't flash on the first step of the sequence. So I get 3 flashes in a 16 step loop.

If I set the track synchronisation to 32 steps, the beat led flashes normally on measure step 17, but doen't flash on step 1. So I get 7 flashes.

Release midibox_seq_v4_095 works without the above problems.

Edited by kasiofz

Posted (edited)

In the roll layer of a 32step drum track, if I change the roll parameter for step 1 I get roll on step 17 too. I don't know if this is normal, but the same happens on the other step pair too (2-18, 3-19 etc.) 

I want to ask if I can find the source code for midibox_seq_v4_095 latest release because I want to built it manualy with some modifications in the code-config file.

Also I want to compare the two sources to source the beat light problem.

Edited by kasiofz

Source code is here: https://github.com/midibox/mios32/tree/master/apps/sequencers/midibox_seq_v4

Beat Light is controlled in src/seq_ui.c: https://github.com/midibox/mios32/blob/master/apps/sequencers/midibox_seq_v4/core/seq_ui.c
(search for BEAT)

The problem is understood - it appears on frontpanels with single colour LEDs (MEASURE not assigned). 

However, a quick fix is easy: just replace

SEQ_LED_PinSet(seq_hwcfg_led.beat, (seq_hwcfg_led.measure && measure_led_on) ? 0 : beat_led_on);

by

if( seq_hwcfg_led.measure != 0xffff )
  SEQ_LED_PinSet(seq_hwcfg_led.beat, (seq_hwcfg_led.measure && measure_led_on) ? 0 : beat_led_on);
else
  SEQ_LED_PinSet(seq_hwcfg_led.beat, beat_led_on);

Untested code

Please let me know if it works, so that I will bring it into the repo

Concerning mirrored Roll parameter: that's normal if the parameter layer is only 16 steps. It's due to a memory limitation - drum tracks can only store 1024 parameters, and they are partitioned over the number of drum tracks and parameter layers

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Posted (edited)

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for the answer.

Something has to be wrong with if statement, because when I replaced the code line with the if statement that you suggested nothing changed.

But, when I replaced the code line with only the else statement code the problem solved.

So, to summarise I replaced:

with

SEQ_LED_PinSet(seq_hwcfg_led.beat, beat_led_on);

And the beat led worked fine.

I thing that something is wrong with

if( seq_hwcfg_led.measure != 0xffff )

Regards, Vasilis

Edited by kasiofz