Core32 compatibility /MB64E

phunk

Hey guys,

i am sorry to ask a probably very dumb question but honestly i am not deep enough into it and can´t find the answer myself.

Is the new Core32 combatible to all the MBHP Projects so far or is it for SEQv4 only at the moment? E.g. could i build a MB64E with it "out of the box" or is a new firmware needed?

As far as i understood one of the big advantages of the Core32 is that no assembler skills are needed to develop a FW, am i right?

Why dont build a 64E with the "old" PIC then? Well I just wanna know :-) Anyway i like the sexyniess of the native USB support and NEW technology :p

Thank you,

Alex

Hi.

The CORE32 is still pretty new, so far only MIDIboxSEQ V4 has been released (now at beta2) and tk has also now ported MIDIbox LC.

It is a mammoth task to port each MIDIbox app to the new architecture and tk is only one man (although sometimes I wonder when I see just how much he achieves ;) )

I'm sure he will get round to porting each app as time allows but as everything is written in quite clear C code, why not have a go yourself? There are lots of samples/examples on svn...

Cheers

Phil

Phil,

thank you. I wouldnt say "only" seq4 had been released. I always wonder how much TK manages to develop in the more or less frequent periodes i browse the pages...incredible work...

in this case i probably stick with the PIC Box or try to refresh my very basic c knowledge from university but i just dont know where to start...even when reading the good documentation i feel lost :)

• 3 months later...