A couple of Midibox CV questions

LetterBeacon

I want to build a Midibox CV for my modular synth and I'm slowly getting my head around all the (excellent) documentation on the ucapps site.  I have a few questions still though:

I'm going to be building the Midibox CV using the AOUT_NG module.  It is my understanding that I take the 8 CV outs from the AOUT_NG and the 8 Gate outs from the Core module.  On the Core module the 8 Gates come from J5 - are the remaining 2 pins for the Clock and the Start/ Stop?  If not, where do I get the Clock and the Start/ Stop from?

What's the amplitude of the Clock signal?  Is it 0-10V?

I'm assuming the Clock signal syncs with the midi clock that comes from my computer's sequencer - i.e. the tempo of the song in the computer's sequencer - is this correct?

Thanks a lot!

I'm going to be building the Midibox CV using the AOUT_NG module.  It is my understanding that I take the 8 CV outs from the AOUT_NG and the 8 Gate outs from the Core module.  On the Core module the 8 Gates come from J5 - are the remaining 2 pins for the Clock and the Start/ Stop?  If not, where do I get the Clock and the Start/ Stop from?

J5 provides Ground, 5V and 8 digital outputs. These digital outputs (0V/5V) are the gates.

The clock is available at J6:RC, and the start/stop signal at J6:SC of the core module.

What's the amplitude of the Clock signal?  Is it 0-10V?

No, it's only 0V/5V - you could amplify it to 10V with a transistor circuit. This is also a nice protection against overvoltages - very important for a modular system.

I'm assuming the Clock signal syncs with the midi clock that comes from my computer's sequencer - i.e. the tempo of the song in the computer's sequencer - is this correct?

Yes, the 24 ppqn MIDI Clock will be output as a 1 mS trigger signal.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 5 months later...