New & Simple Project Questions

juniorhifikit

Hi everyone,

I have a simple project I would like to make, and after reading quite a bit here I think I know what I need.  Your advice and experience would be MOST appreciated!

I want to control 16 VCA's with both HUI and Mackie Control (not at the same time of course) from a DAW.  I also would like 10bit resolution to match the HUI and MCU fader resolution spec.  Most DAW's send a "ping" to identify HUI or MCU, so I need the proper response as well.  So I figured I need:

1 core

2 Aout NG's

Can I load the MBLC program to get all of the HUI & MCU instruction set?

Do I need a bankstick to hold both sets of instructions (HUI and MCU)?

Do I need an LCD to see what I'm doing?

Ideally I'd like to use the new core32 to take advantage of USB, but it seems it's not ready yet.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I have a simple project I would like to make, and after reading quite a bit here I think I know what I need.  Your advice and experience would be MOST appreciated!

I want to control 16 VCA's with both HUI and Mackie Control (not at the same time of course) from a DAW.  I also would like 10bit resolution to match the HUI and MCU fader resolution spec.  Most DAW's send a "ping" to identify HUI or MCU, so I need the proper response as well.  So I figured I need:

1 core

2 Aout NG's

Can I load the MBLC program to get all of the HUI & MCU instruction set?

Do I need a bankstick to hold both sets of instructions (HUI and MCU)?

Do I need an LCD to see what I'm doing?

Ideally I'd like to use the new core32 to take advantage of USB, but it seems it's not ready yet.

Anybody have any comments/suggestions?

It seems the HUI and MMC protocols are still undefined. All I need is the ping info and the fader info which I may be able to midiOx and a real HUI and MMC...