A mix of my stuff

nebula

Here's a 48-minute mix of my live tech-house set, sort of...

When I play live, I do more on-the-fly dynamic mixing and processing, mute stuff and play other stuff over top.  But these are the songs, most of which are close to ready for release.

Comments welcomed.

MB-6582 and X0XB0X make a couple of cameos, as well as the usual suspects in my studio.  Created with Logic 8, with lots of its own soft synths and effects.  The only other software instrument is an Arturia Minimoog.  Hardware instruments used here include a Roland Jupiter-6, Roland JX-3P, Roland JX-8P, Sequential Six-Trak, Yamaha TX81Z, Korg Electribe ER-1, Yamaha RX21 & RX21L, Soundcraft Spirit Studio mixer, and some cheap outboard effects.  No sampled beats are used - I built them all from the ground up.

Link:  http://tinyurl.com/thisisthatgood

cool.

I'm not sure if the sound (xox slide?) around 4:00 really works with the pads... it's hard to tell, but it doesn't sound even in the right key.

The Track at 7:00 is cool..

Same with 10:00.. tho i'm not sure about the sound at 12:00 .. the shuffled beeps.. fine riff, I recon a tougher sound would fit better.

I dig the bass/riff at 39:00 nice tension.. Could be resolved which would be super. (ie change the riff to one with less tension just for a touch.. then bring it back)

my 2c any way.

Regards

Mike

Thanks for the input! Tonight I'll check out these points for sure. If memory serves, the transition at 4:00 was really hard to find a way to get the two tracks to seem to be in tune. I decided that instead of trying to create something seamless I would instead go for a "wake up call" as the bright, buzzy ES2 slidy sound takes the foreground and leads off a more upbeat track.

I'm excited too, as recently I've discovered a lot of new sounds, primarily using the MB-6582 and the JP-6, leaving me wanting to explore some more aggressive material, while still using a lot of the groove sensibilities I've developed in the past couple years - i.e. this stuff.