Beringher mx602a owners...

Guest Xcen

Hi!

I can't make my damn mic work with the thing...

The mic I am using (temporarly until I buy a real one) is the silly mic that comes with microsoft's sidewinder headset... it's got what looks like a 1/8 "stereo" (or balanced?) plug that I fit in a 1/8 to 1/4 adaptor... the mic won't work at all although if I plug old crappy headphones in the mic plug they do pick up signal...

any idea on what's going on?

TIA!

yeah thats what I thought as the mic wouldnt work if not powered by the usb pod that comes with the headset... however either my phantom power isnt working or the problem lies somewhere else...

besides, is it normal that when I depress the PP48v button, there is no way for me to turn it off unless I shut down the mixer?... the led won't come off

edit: woops just read "can'T use" hehehe that must be it then :) I'll try to line the wires from the usb pod instead and see what that gives :)

It is normal the fanthom power led remains lit after the button has been depressed, all the behringer mixers do that.  Your phantom power is probably working, but that kind of power isn't adequate to power this type of mic which requires much less power,

where do you connect the mic ?

Hehehe tu me l'avais dit en plus mais je voulais etre sur ;) dsl

Nah that has got to be it because I remember the mic not working if th usb cable wasnt plug so there you have it... I plugged the mic directly in the mixer so I guess what I should do is plug the wires from the pod in the mixer, that should do it as the pod has the correct PP applied from the usb connexion :)

I'm gonna try it out tonite...