MIOS Studio Beta9.3 available

TK.

A new version of MIOS Studio is now available for download.

Changes:

• Enhanced MIDI Filter GUI
  • GUI elements saved to XML files
  • Added MRU lists for workspace configurations, MIDI filter definitions and hex files
  • Loading of .hex files into upload window now significantly faster (relevant for large MIOS32 projects)
  • added SysEx Send/Receive window

mios_studio_sysex.png

As always: thanks Adam for help! :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 weeks later...

Funny thing, on Mac 10.6.2 it will not only unpack the zip if you double click, it will unpack the .jar file as well, leaving with a directory with the jave classes... Not really useful. Do not use the integrated Archive Utility for unpacking, use something like 7zX, that one will work correctly.

Funny thing, on Mac 10.6.2 it will not only unpack the zip if you double click, it will unpack the .jar file as well, leaving with a directory with the jave classes... Not really useful. Do not use the integrated Archive Utility for unpacking, use something like 7zX, that one will work correctly.

...or change the way how you download files.

A single click will download and unzip the file into the Downloads folder. The .jar File won't be unpacked in this case.

BTW, how do you get MIOSStudio to save the window layout for the next launch? It will always open with an empty workspace here....

The layout will be automatically stored when you exit MIOS Studio properly.

Don't use Cmd-Q (like for other Mac applications), but use File->Exit

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Ahh, that was it... I had it figured out once. Thanks!

...or change the way how you download files.

A single click will download and unzip the file into the Downloads folder. The .jar File won't be unpacked in this case.

The layout will be automatically stored when you exit MIOS Studio properly.

Don't use Cmd-Q (like for other Mac applications), but use File->Exit

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi meeshka, you can use Xcode, just install it from the OS X disks and check the link to set up svn access:

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=how_to_setup_xcode3_to_access_the_svn_server&s[]=xcode

you can skip to "Setup SVNMIOS Repository", ignore the "key" parts, user and pass info, you should be able to download all the files just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed recently that the knobs in the Virtual Keyboard, can be freely assigned, and even have a midi learn function, and data ranges and CC numbers can be changed!

That is really fantastic!

My only suggestion is to allow people to add more knobs to the keyboard,

allow them to rename the knobs name,

and to be able to resize the keyboards window

so that we could use it as a full control surface, for whatever midi hardware we would like to use with it.

And maybe the ability to save the Keyboard's layout, as user presets for each midi device.

This would allow us to use midi controllers to control almost any midi hardware that has a minimal control surface.

I just noticed recently that the knobs in the Virtual Keyboard, can be freely assigned, and even have a midi learn function, and data ranges and CC numbers can be changed!

so that we could use it as a full control surface, for whatever midi hardware we would like to use with it.

And maybe the ability to save the Keyboard's layout, as user presets for each midi device.

This would allow us to use midi controllers to control almost any midi hardware that has a minimal control surface.

Yes, agreed... I've actually had this idea in the back of my mind for some time. It is on the TODO list, there are some more pressing issues first but it is definitely something I will be adding.

Cheers,

Adam

Please excuse the slight change of topic:

I have spent the last few months learning Java, and I'm almost ready to release my first project.

I hope to release before Christmas a Java based Mixer control surface.

It was originally designed to control the MBMixer (of course) but is now being re-written to allow

the user to configure it a bit more. Sliders, Knobs, pushbuttons and Toggle Buttons, and VU Meters too.

The user can "define" every control on the board by CC#, Channel, working range and even user-images

for knobs and buttons.

The board is complete now, I'm just adding the XML parser to let the user describe the board layout.

I "borrowed" the knob code from MIOSStudio and then modified it to support loading, scaling and

rotating user images.. all the rest is new code.

It's just my very first Java project, but we're damn near ready for first release.

I have written a lot of MIDI apps for the Amiga OS before, but this is really my first venture into

other OS's.. MIOS Studio inspired me to give it a try.

I hope you don't mind the off-topic post, but it seemed to fit the latest suggestion.

Expect it before 2010.

LyleHaze

I could of sworn my 2nd reply to this thread posted okay, but maybe not...

Yes, agreed... I've actually had this idea in the back of my mind for some time. It is on the TODO list, there are some more pressing issues first but it is definitely something I will be adding.

Thanks adam, that is really great, i meant to emphasize how its not an essential feature,

but would be sweet all the same. :)

Lyle, that sounds awesome man, it will be great to have a standalone cross platform program to do that,

because trying to do it in some sequencers can be a pain!

Really cuts down on the time, for when you just want to play with a synth using a controller.

Edited by Smithy

Lyle, that sounds awesome man, it will be great to have a standalone cross platform program to do that,

because trying to do it in some sequencers can be a pain!

Really cuts down on the time, for when you just want to play with a synth using a controller.

Definitely, that sounds great Lyle... can't wait to see it!