GM5 Windows driver update v1.0.9

TK.

Ploytec released a new GM5 Windows driver (v1.0.9, 32bit and 64bit version), it can be downloaded from http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_usb_gm5.html

With this version, Windows shouldn't crash anymore if multiple GM5 modules are connected.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks for the update, unfortunately the GM5 is not recognized with this driver (as was 1.07) under Win 7 x64, so I have to use the legacy driver, and can't benefit the tighter timing this driver offers.

More specifically, the driver does get installed but applications don't see the ports (tried with Reaper x64 and Cubase 32), which is quite strange ...

Do you think you could report this to ploytec once others have confirmed the issue, or should I report it myself directly ?

Thanks,

Lorcan

Edited by Lorcan

thanks for the feedback!

Altitude noticed the same issue under Vista; we should collect more informations in this thread before I contact Ploytec (again).

To all Vista/Windows7 users: it would be helpful if you could try the new driver and report if MIDI Ports are visible in your MIDI application (e.g. your DAW, MIDI-Ox, MIOS Studio, etc.) or not.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

1.06 Driver does work in vista32 with one interface. This behavior started for me with the 1.07 driver also. What is really strange is that if I connect 3 interfaces with 1.0.9, it will actually show one but it will disappear after a reboot.

*edit

I dont think I tested 1.0.6 on 64

Edited by Altitude

1.06 Driver does work in both vista32 and W7 64bit RC correctly with one interface. This behavior started for me with the 1.07 driver also. What is really strange is that if I connect 3 interfaces, it will actually show one but it will disappear after a reboot.

Where did you find x64 version of 1.06 driver ? It's not on the GM5 page ...

Unfortunately Ploytec isn't able to reproduce this issue.

Something must be different at our side.

Therefore I'm asking again: is there any Vista/Windows7 user who got the new driver release successfully running?

And to the users who noticed this issue: which configuration (J1/J2/J3/J8 switches) are you using exactly?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Therefore I'm asking again: is there any Vista/Windows7 user who got the new driver release successfully running?

And to the users who noticed this issue: which configuration (J1/J2/J3/J8 switches) are you using exactly?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I'm using the default, and there's no J8 on my board (v1.1)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Just tried it on my 1.1 5x5 with J8 open and shorted (via jumper) with the same results. Same thing on the 1.1 1x1 (J1 open, J8 open)

Edited by Altitude

Looks like we are getting somewhere. Both 1.1 PCB with jumpered J8 and Nil's 5x5 now show show up in all apps under V32. Strangely, port 1 of both interfaces now shows as "ww kabel 1"

"ww kabel 1" ist just a test that we are able to rename the ports again!!! :thumbsup:

Please say "vielen dank" to Ploytec support! :ahappy:

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Now that I have 3 GM5s up and running, couple questions:

Any way to name the ports if there is more than one interface(i.e. different port names on different interfaces)?

Can the EEPROM be used at all in 5x5 mode? I understand the naming issue but it would still be very useful for me if I could name the devices different things even if I have to keep the default port names

cheers,

Alt