Creating Drumkits / Changing Kit Patches

M.U.L.E.

Hi, I have been playing with the four Drum Kits that are in the standard sound bank, and wondered if there is any way to move or copy individual drum sounds to and from? Can I copy an individual drum sound to a file or a patch?

Also if I have a number of individual patches, how do I create a kit of my own? I was searching about, and trying things out in Mios Studio and Rutger's app but haven't discovered how to do it. Thanks for any help.

Hi, I have been playing with the four Drum Kits that are in the standard sound bank, and wondered if there is any way to move or copy individual drum sounds to and from? Can I copy an individual drum sound to a file or a patch?

No, this isn't supported by the editor.

But there aren't so many parameters, you could write them down on a paper and transfer it manually to another drum instrument.

Also if I have a number of individual patches, how do I create a kit of my own?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but drum sounds are using a special sound engine... it isn't possible to transfer a patch which gets use of the Multi/Bassline or Lead engine into a patch which uses the drum engine.

In order to create a new drum kit, just open a new patch and select the drum engine.

On the MBSID CS: press SHIFT and select the drum engine with the first GP button.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but drum sounds are using a special sound engine... it isn't possible to transfer a patch which gets use of the Multi/Bassline or Lead engine into a patch which uses the drum engine.

I think I understand more now, the editing of the drum sounds must be done manually in the DRuM menu. I was hoping there was a way to move existing drum sounds stored as individual patches, into a drum kit, like moving 16 different patches into a kit. I think I get it, to do that I just need to select the instrument I want to edit in the DRuM menu, and enter the values in there. Is this the only area that I need to be concerned with?

d_drm1.gif

I saw that there are some filter settings too, are those different for individual patches or just for the whole kit? Thanks for your help Thorsten!