.mov files on mac and pc

Steven_C

Hey guys,

quite off-topic, but I get lots of assignments at college, where I have to edit the sound for quicktime movies, and the quicktimes I get given often will not work on a pc... they will only work on a Mac, which is a bit of a pain, it means I can't use my Logic 5 PC machine, (Cubasis VST won't work either)

I have to work on the projects on Pro-Tools free on my Mac, along with its limitations, and any .mov file I make in protools free won't work on a pc, even after I install the latest versions of directX, quicktime (pc) and other stuff.

Also, quicktimes exported from Pro-tools LE 6 (Mac) won't work on pc either... (tried this at college) And stuff from Final Cut Pro won't work on pc. (some wierd .mov tvc varient or something)

I'm sure this is all engineered by Apple to make it difficult for pc users, (though its kinda wierd that the protools stuff gives problems, considering that their s/w is cross platform) so I was wondering if anyone knows of some software application to convert the movies made on a mac, so it will work on a pc??

thanks, and if anyone can tell me a better forum to place these questions on, then that would be great too!!

bye, from Steve :+)

You can't change codec/format in Final Cut Pro?

....probably! I was given the files by someone else, who created them on FCpro... one of those 'emergency' student projects that didn't get in on time.... :'( ;) oh well! But I'm just trying to figure it out for next time!!! (it wasn't my student project, but a friends, actually)

anyway, I will find out if I can do the conversion at college or something...

thanks capt Hast!