MB6582 Sync LED How to change to something else?

Matrix12x

If I wanted to have the Sync LED change to display the status of say the Lead engines ARP function, would you use something like this:

DOUT_ENTRY CS_MENU_L_ARP, 0, 16+1, 3

I am a little green at this and was just wondering. I changed the Sync button to be an Arp button and that worked fine when I recompiled, I just wanted to change the LED to display the same status. I saw that this LED was commented out, and thought this would be a good use.

Unfortunately it's not that easy.

CS_MENU_L_ARP is an entry in the menu handler table, it's not a variable.

If you're implementing what I suggested here:

then you're calling a routine to toggle the "On" state of the arp on all the oscillators (i.e. setting 6 states on or off).

So there isn't one state to use for the LED. Even if you wanted to cheat a bit and show only the "On" state for left SID's osc 1, then that state is one bit hiding somewhere in the patch variables, and to pull it out into a variable you can use in the DOUT table will take me more time than I have right now ;) But it's certainly possible. Asking for it is the first step, someone else might volunteer ;)