very controllable, very simple

Karlx

I want to make a midi controller that has many things, many knobs, many faders, many buttons .... As mixers, DJ consoles, equipment for live performances, even want to adapt a little piano keys to make me a keyboard, with expression wheels!! This would be a good subject for those who want to start with something simple but great. Somebody give me a help?

Sorry for my english :blush:

I want to make a midi controller

First thing to do when you want to build a MIDI controller is to read and read.. and read again

At http://www.ucapps.de/ you can read about all the different MIDI controllers and what it takes to build them

many things, many knobs, many faders, many buttons, mixers, DJ consoles, equipment for live performances, a little piano keys, expression wheels!!

Sounds like a giant controller. The more stuff you want, the harder it is to build ;)

This would be a good subject for those who want to start with something simple but great.

Nah, your plan is not simple.. it's great, but very far from a newbie project.

This is maybe as simple as it gets http://www.ucapps.de/midibox64.html

Somebody give me a help?

We all are very helpfull inhere, but we cannot build it for you, design it for you or anything. Start reading, start buying parts and start building :) you will learn quickly. And if you get any problems, you can state them here in the forum and i'm sure that someone will help you!

First thing to do when you want to build a MIDI controller is to read and read.. and read again

Exactly. It's not magic, but you have to understand how a box is build up, how the modules work together etc.

I also recommend to start with a Midibox64.

You can start easily with say 8 pots and 8 buttons, just too see if you can get it done without larger problems (and you don't spend a lot of money on parts you'll probably never use).

As the system can be extended easily, you can than build the MIDI controller you ever wanted.

I also recommend reading this forum alot, especially the stuff where people descibe how they are building MIDIboxes, what problems they encounter etc.

Thanks for tips. But I did not mean that this project was simple, I meant I want to do something great but simple, for example a without-LCD controller. Something like just join a CORE module, some AIN modules and DIN modules, but all this must have some correct ways to unite and expand.

I do not think I need to have to read and read and read advanced projects to make this.

Thanks for the help, again. :thumbsup:

I meant I want to do something great but simple, for example a without-LCD controller.

It has been suggested before that an LCD display is VERY helpful as you develop your project.

Even if you take it off after the programming is done, it will be REAL USEFUL to be able to see

what the MBox is doing as you develop your toy.

Believe me, anything that helps you to SEE what is happening to your core is a good thing.

Have Fun,

LyleHaze

It has been suggested before that an LCD display is VERY helpful as you develop your project.

Even if you take it off after the programming is done, it will be REAL USEFUL to be able to see

what the MBox is doing as you develop your toy.

Believe me, anything that helps you to SEE what is happening to your core is a good thing.

Have Fun,

LyleHaze

The problem is that where I am, these LCDs are expensive :pinch: , also depending on the LCD there are changes to applications and the schematics, right? I still do not know about assembler or C (only a bit of Java) then I do something I've already seen in my career, and then when I already know it will only build the module and add it.

But obviously I want to do the LCD module, I just want to know if I can put digit LCD (those of 7 or 8 LEDS) and also what post may be followed which have these displays.

The problem is that where I am, these LCDs are expensive :pinch: , also depending on the LCD there are changes to applications and the schematics, right? I still do not know about assembler or C (only a bit of Java) then I do something I've already seen in my career, and then when I already know it will only build the module and add it.

But obviously I want to do the LCD module, I just want to know if I can put digit LCD (those of 7 or 8 LEDS) and also what post may be followed which have these displays.

There are some projects which have added limited support for 7/8 segment LED displays.. but they require special hardware and software to support them, and they are numbers-only displays.. I think the clockbox offers some support for those.

But support for LCD displays is built in to MIOS already. all cores have the connections set aside for at least one display (or more on the core32).

The software to use those is all written already.. there are even options for graphic LCDs.. although most of us use the more common character LCD types.

There's a lot of information at the ucapps site and the WIKI, and all the information is free..

Have Fun,

LyleHaze

• 3 weeks later...

I need put the LCD or Leds in My project?? if i dont put this in my midibox64 ??? sorry but english is not my native language, can any explain to me?

No you don't have to, but it's generally fairly helpful to have an LCD at least for debugging.

• 1 month later...