C64 tune remix made w/ MIDIbox SID

TK.

Following demo is a remix of "Auf Wiedersehen Monty", one of the most famous C64 tunes of the 80s, composed by Rob Hubbard and Ben Daglish. It was the final test I made for firmware v1.5b ;-)

http://www.midibox.org/midibox_sid/Auf_Wiedersehen_Monty_(MIDIbox_SID_Remix).mp3

All sounds of this remix except for the drums are made with MIDIbox SID, recorded via overdubbing, enriched with internal effects of Logic Audio: Fat EQ, Stereo Delay, Stereo Spread, Compressor, Limiter, Phaser (for the Strings in Background), , Bitrusher+Autofilter as AddOn to the internal SID filter for the TB303 like sound.

Have fun! :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 7 months later...
Guest analouge

Hi TK!

First - Awesome track!!!

But when I sat here listening to the music one thought came sneaking up to me...

I'm about to get started on building my quad midibox sid, and I thought - how do you really use the midibox sid.

When I'm working on my music, it's mostley in front of the computer screen with a good old program called Voyetra Digital Orchestrator Plus. Here I mostley use sound fonts - I have an SB Live 5.1 digital in my pc. Every musician should know the orchestrator.. ;)

I know - it's a VERY old program, and it's simple with very little cool features, but it does what I want it to do, and it's SO simple. I've always been the type that needs the latest versions of software - still am - but when it comes to music software I want it to be simple, fast and easy-to-use. I've tried to use Cubase several times, and I've tried other seq software and even newer versions of the orchestrator, BUT I always end up with the good old orchestrator. It has assigned 2 controllers as default (chorus and reverb) and it has several types of transpose and it has VERY easy to use support for sound fonts. I mostley types the notes in, using lines on a keyboard scheme... different lenght on lines symbols different lenght on the notes. simple... when u get used to it. I use cool edit pro 2.0 to record the digital audio... like vocal and electric solo guitars etc... I downloaded a viritual autotune app from antares - that is a very nice app! :D It's just impossible to create a bad vocal :D I really need that :) :)

SO being used to making music this way - loading sound fonts and use them in my projects - is this very different from using the mbsid?

Can you create i.e. four tracks in a seq program like this and tell the sid that you want that sound there, and another sound there and so on and play everything at once in one sequence?

Does the SID box have an internal memory for the patches or is it just the bank stick?

Can I just pick patches from the bankstick in my seq software and play lots of tracks until the polyphoni becomes a problem or can I just play one patch at time...

OK! A lot of things in here, and I just realized it's in the wrong thread, but - I appresiate if you took time to read the whole shit :)

Once again - nice work on the song TK!

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...