Mixer Retrofit

Gindu

So heres my dilemma. There is no 2 channel mixers on the market with midi faders that are high quality.

I need some help retrofitting a analog mixer so the faders send midi signals.

It's a Ecler Nuo 2.0.

I am probably going to put innofaders in it if that helps. I'm doing the crossfader first.

So the faders need to mix audio like normal and send midi signals.

The mixer is for video sl and I need the faders to control the video. I do not like the Rane TTM57SL.

So is my goal possible.

Thanks for all the help everyone!!!

Thanks, Mike

Most analog mix faders have a log taper..

But a fader for MIDI signal generation is usually done with a linear fader, for evenly spaced increments.

your retrofit will need to use a different fader, or convert from log to linear, which usually reduces available resolution.

Good Luck,

LyleHaze

Wow, I just looked over the Innofader website..

It looks like a whole lot more than the average fader.

But I don't know it well enough to comment on how to interface it with other stuff..

Edited by lylehaze

Well someone else has done it with innofaders before. He just won't give any details on how he did it. Nice guy right. So the mixer itself has curve adjustment on it. So I can set the innofader to be linear and adjust the curves and so on on the mixer itself. That being said that would be post fader I think.

Anyways I know theres a way to do it but being a bit blind in this subject. I will need everyones help.

The guy said the only way to retrofit non midi mixers is with the innofader to have midi faders.