Not sure what to build

Ender

Im torn between the Wilba and the standard V4..

mounting a wilba panel-pcb seems harder than doing the standard and also a bit confused at what modules the wilba-pcb is consisting of..also wondering if im really up for such an advanced build..i mean i understand how it should be done everything..and i think that if i just go about it steadily and read myself through step by step what to do i probably will be able to pull it off..or so i hope..anyone know how much the BULK-order for the wilba goes for?

Any pointers to help me out?

Very interested in the CV-aspects of the sequencer too..is that very advanced or is it just connect the Aout board and enable it in the firmware somehow..and then there is 2 gates..so im guessing they have a track for them..with Pitch for the both then 6 only CV-tracks..for..modulation of stuff.^^

..anyone know how much the BULK-order for the wilba goes for?

Any pointers to help me out?

the bulk order already has happend, I recieved my stuff about 2 weeks ago. was about 120 US$.

the wilba-frontpanel maybe seems a little more advanced to build, but it´s really cool thing and documented quite ok! if you can go for it, don´t know if wilba does a second batch...

the bulk order already has happend, I recieved my stuff about 2 weeks ago. was about 120 US$.

the wilba-frontpanel maybe seems a little more advanced to build, but it´s really cool thing and documented quite ok! if you can go for it, don´t know if wilba does a second batch...

Wilba's bulk order is not complete. According to the monstrously long thread on this project:

I'm only running a small bulk order for people willing to make/buy their own frontpanel and case.

"Small" for me is only 36 PCBs and less than US$1000 in parts... ;)

This small bulk order is closed, it was announced months ago and people have had plenty of time to join.

Once Doug is able to make panels/cases as per the original design, I'll run another bulk order for more PCBs and parts.

I am arranging for someone in the US to distribute this 2nd mini-bulk order of PCBs and some of the parts. This will work out cheaper for everyone. Please note this is still only for "bleeding edge prototypers" - people will have to make their own case and get their own panels made by Schaeffer or Front Panel Express (or DIY if possible).

The "big" bulk order is yet to come. It will coincide with DougWellington's case design. The two small bulk orders to-date were for those wishing to build their own case and order their own front panel. You can still get on the list on the wiki page.

Not sure about CV part of your question. You might want to ask Wilba.

Im torn between the Wilba and the standard V4..

Very interested in the CV-aspects of the sequencer too..is that very advanced or is it just connect the Aout board and enable it in the firmware somehow..and then there is 2 gates..so im guessing they have a track for them..with Pitch for the both then 6 only CV-tracks..for..modulation of stuff.^^

hi, i'm not sure how long you will have to wait for wilba's bulk order but to have such a pcb AND parts / fpd for frontpanel will be easier in the long run.

so if you're not in a huge hurry add yourself to the bulk order list @ wiki.

it is simply connect aout and enable as you say, you will still have the 8 cvs + 2 gates and i'm pretty sure you can also enable the further 8 gates on the core.

expandable to 64 extra gates with dout boards..

you can use gate outs without aout board as well.

i have a v3 with 8 gates for analog drums.

read the mbseq v4 user manual for more!

:drool: i've just got my v4-wilba-pcb running and it is unbeatable midi hardware seq, my aout_ng is going to be added soon after i finish the handmade frontpanel (if only i can stop playing with it as is)

:cool:

hi, i'm not sure how long you will have to wait for wilba's bulk order but to have such a pcb AND parts / fpd for frontpanel will be easier in the long run.

so if you're not in a huge hurry add yourself to the bulk order list @ wiki....

It looks that you now have to wait anyway because SmashTV orders are also suck due to out of stock parts. Actually parts problems are the biggest challenge in building any device - lot of links on http://ucapps.de and also this forum are pointing to not available anymore parts. Since I missed small wilba pcb bulk order, I decided to do on my own, but it looks until march it still wont be possible to move any further.

BTW anyone can comment on shift register ground wiring?

Is it possible to have single ground/vss wire for all shift registers for buttons and leds in Din and Dout boards (link documented in this file http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_dinx4_32buttons.pdf ) or each shift register button/led set has to have its own (as documented in this file http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_seq/mbseq_v4_dout.pdf )?

Also can I delete or obviously better comment with preceding # not used lines in MBSEQ_HW.V4 file - for example analogue out section or lines like these

LED_GROUP1 11 0

LED_GROUP2 11 2

LED_GROUP3 11 4

LED_GROUP4 11 6

LED_TRG_LAYER_A 0 0

LED_TRG_LAYER_B 0 1

LED_TRG_LAYER_C 0 2

Was very confused when i wrote that but now i understand better what the wilba board was, it replaces the DIN and DOUT boards if im not mistaken..right?

And yeah now i think i know how i should connect everything pretty well and stuff..will probably wait for another bulk-order since im in no hurry..would rather be in a bulk-order than source encoders and such, since most other things you can get from the SMASH-kits..and a Case im thinking of a rack-case from Farnell, they look kinda nice actually..right now the only thing im finding troublesome is that many links for parts are dead, is there someone who can update the links maybe..or point me in the right direction for where to look?

Anyone know what a Rotary Encoder is in swedish?, so i can look on elfa..having trouble finding what to search for but maybe someone here is swedish and knows.

• 3 weeks later...

Was very confused when i wrote that but now i understand better what the wilba board was, it replaces the DIN and DOUT boards if im not mistaken..right?

And yeah now i think i know how i should connect everything pretty well and stuff..will probably wait for another bulk-order since im in no hurry..would rather be in a bulk-order than source encoders and such, since most other things you can get from the SMASH-kits..and a Case im thinking of a rack-case from Farnell, they look kinda nice actually..right now the only thing im finding troublesome is that many links for parts are dead, is there someone who can update the links maybe..or point me in the right direction for where to look?

Anyone know what a Rotary Encoder is in swedish?, so i can look on elfa..having trouble finding what to search for but maybe someone here is swedish and knows.

You are right about the wilba seq pcb. It contains control surface and din/dout modules, so it is directly connected to the core module.

Most often encoders are called encoder in swedish too, but ELFA likes swedish and uses the word "pulsgivare", so search for that... They are not cheap though so I sugest voti.nl or mouser (mouser has free shipping to Sweden for orders over €75) for encoders...

Edited by strophlex

You are right about the wilba seq pcb. It contains control surface and din/dout modules, so it is directly connected to the core module.

Most often encoders are called encoder in swedish too, but ELFA likes swedish and uses the word "pulsgivare", so search for that... They are not cheap though so I sugest voti.nl or mouser (mouser has free shipping to Sweden for orders over €75) for encoders...

Maybe try here

http://uk.farnell.com/alps/ec12e2424407/encoder-vertical-24-det-24ppr-sw/dp/1520813

(you can choose localized farnell pages for many countries)

Unfortunately I discovered farnell only after I got most parts from other

suppliers listed on uCApps.de (in many cases parts where out of stock voti.nl

for example and none of suppliers listed on uCApps.de wasn't able to supply

all required parts at once). I don't know why farnell was not mentioned in

uCApps.de (maybe I just sadly missed it), but it shipped really fast at very

competitive shipping rates - good service and have wide range of parts.

gj

Maybe try here

http://uk.farnell.com/alps/ec12e2424407/encoder-vertical-24-det-24ppr-sw/dp/1520813

(you can choose localized farnell pages for many countries)

Unfortunately I discovered farnell only after I got most parts from other

suppliers listed on uCApps.de (in many cases parts where out of stock voti.nl

for example and none of suppliers listed on uCApps.de wasn't able to supply

all required parts at once). I don't know why farnell was not mentioned in

uCApps.de (maybe I just sadly missed it), but it shipped really fast at very

competitive shipping rates - good service and have wide range of parts.

gj

Farnell do only trade with companies in Sweden but you may buy their parts via www.microkit.se. Send them a list of what you want and they buy it for you. Their preferred supplied is Elfa though, so if the parts are available from Elfa too, they will buy them from there... Anyway, they are fast and have cheap shipping.