Parts for simple LCD channel names

Fhl

Hi,

I have a BCF2000, but I'm going to buy a Tascam 2400. I'd like to add LCD displays for channel names on the 2400, but I think it's smart to start out with the BCF2000.

Which parts would I need? I have no need for meters. Only channel names. Something like the MCU would suffice.

I'm new to this game, so if anyone would give me a crash course I'd be very glad :)

Thank you!

Fredrik

Hi,

I have a BCF2000, but I'm going to buy a Tascam 2400. I'd like to add LCD displays for channel names on the 2400, but I think it's smart to start out with the BCF2000.

Which parts would I need? I have no need for meters. Only channel names. Something like the MCU would suffice.

I'm new to this game, so if anyone would give me a crash course I'd be very glad :)

Thank you!

Fredrik

Welcome.

It depends on what you want it to look like.

If you want a track name displayed across the top of each channel strip, you're going to need enough displays to go all the way across the top of all the channel strips... Seems obvious, doesn't it? Then the questions become how many displays do you need, and how many can be driven by a single core? You can search the forum for info on those questions.

If you want a single display that will show the track name of the most recently "touched" display, that gets a lot easier.

I know the MBMixer software can do that, even without the mixer chips attached.

It shows channel number, channel name, and the gain for the left and right sides.

I attached a picture.. maybe it will show..??

Of course making it display less information should be pretty easy. :)

Have Fun,

LyleHaze

post-4565-126530684911_thumb.jpg

Welcome.

It depends on what you want it to look like.

If you want a track name displayed across the top of each channel strip, you're going to need enough displays to go all the way across the top of all the channel strips... Seems obvious, doesn't it? Then the questions become how many displays do you need, and how many can be driven by a single core? You can search the forum for info on those questions.

If you want a single display that will show the track name of the most recently "touched" display, that gets a lot easier.

I know the MBMixer software can do that, even without the mixer chips attached.

It shows channel number, channel name, and the gain for the left and right sides.

I attached a picture.. maybe it will show..??

Of course making it display less information should be pretty easy. :)

Have Fun,

LyleHaze

Thank you for responding, Lyle!

I do need one name per channel on an LCD. Could I use one core module and one 2x40 LCD? Would I need something else?

Searching the forums the answers I'm getting are fairly vague.

Thank you for helping out!

Fredrik