1-Bit Groove Box

napierzaza

Has anyone else ordered a 1-Bit groove box from Noah Vawter? I sent him money 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten a response at all since. He had cleared it before, so now I feel like he's ripped me off. Anyone else have this experience?

I've built two these, though I used veroboard.

I thought, from the group, that the last PCB run was some time ago - could you link the URL you bought from?

Was it a kit, or a built up version?

Not a bad gadget. Details and Yahoo group here: One Bit Groovebox

Another great 1 chip synth is the Fractal PIC synth: Fractal PIC synth thread and links here

From this site:

http://web.media.mit.edu/~nvawter/projects/1bit/index.html

It's just the Atmega with the firmware on it. I wish it was a board and everything but it's not. But so far that means I would only be out more money :-\

I wish it was a PIC, I could have burned a PIC.

Hellooo!!!!! Noah here, in the flesh~ er in the email.

Anyway! I'm so sorry for the delay... My academic committee requested a revised version of this proposal and I've been going balls-to-the-wall to complete it. The personal note about your chip got washed off my hand twice already! Fortunately, my mother's Google Alert found your message on this forum and she emailed me. Thank you Mom, you rock! Anyway, I'll head into the Lab tonight and program that chip for you. I'll burn a few extras just in case anyone in the near future wants some.

Sincerely,

Noah

p.s. This forum looks pretty awesome! I just made an account now so I could post.

Hellooo!!!!! Noah here, in the flesh~ er in the email.

Anyway! I'm so sorry for the delay... My academic committee requested a revised version of this proposal and I've been going balls-to-the-wall to complete it. The personal note about your chip got washed off my hand twice already! Fortunately, my mother's Google Alert found your message on this forum and she emailed me. Thank you Mom, you rock! Anyway, I'll head into the Lab tonight and program that chip for you. I'll burn a few extras just in case anyone in the near future wants some.

Sincerely,

Noah

p.s. This forum looks pretty awesome! I just made an account now so I could post.

Whoa, that's amazing. So if I hadn't posted here you never would have heard. Awesome.

Good stuff! I look forward to starting my project.