MIDIbox of the Week (Keytar MIDIbox SID of jbartee)

jbartee

Hi everyone,

So I'm just putting the finishing touches on my build and thought I'd share some pics. I wanted to thank TK for developing and maintaining such an awesome platform, Smash for the excellent service and quality products, and everyone on the forum for answering my questions. A full work blog style thing will be up eventually with video and a bunch of other stuff. For now here's what I've managed with my crappy iphone camera!

edit by nILS: I fixed the topic and attached the pictures (offsite doco bad...)

post-3579-126709080854_thumb.jpg

post-3579-126709083234_thumb.jpg

post-3579-126709085674_thumb.jpg

post-3579-126709089784_thumb.jpg

post-3579-126709092396_thumb.jpg

post-3579-126709098423_thumb.jpg

post-3579-126709102352_thumb.jpg

post-3579-126709104467_thumb.jpg

post-3579-1267092694_thumb.jpg

very nice, I like it :)

one comment though: It would be better to attach the images to your forum post instead of using an external image service. With an external service, the pics can disappear from this thread if they choose to change their link format or cancel their service altogether in a year or two. Attached pics will stay on the forum and are covered by TwinXs site backups etc. Oh and some of them don't show at all right now when clicking the pic.

S

edit: oh ok, nils was faster :thumbsup:

Edited by seppoman

Thanks to all for the kind words.

very nice, I like it :)

one comment though: It would be better to attach the images to your forum post instead of using an external image service. With an external service, the pics can disappear from this thread if they choose to change their link format or cancel their service altogether in a year or two. Attached pics will stay on the forum and are covered by TwinXs site backups etc. Oh and some of them don't show at all right now when clicking the pic.

S

edit: oh ok, nils was faster :thumbsup:

Sorry about that and a big thanks to nils for cleaning up the post. I tried to attach the images to my post but it didn't seem to be working, I must have just screwed something up.

That is so totally "Mad Max" - I love it. Cyberpunk engineering at it's very best.

Please do video soon.

My direct inspiration was Ghostbusters, but Mad Max works just as well! The whole 80's cyberpunk "guts on the outside" approach is something I'm really in love with. The external ribbon cable running up the side (which is completely non-functional btw, it's purely aesthetic) is directly lifted from the back of the proton packs:

post-7195-126711745313_thumb.jpg

This is insanely great.

Steve Jobs is an idol of mine, even though I'm sure he'd completely hate my design aesthetic!

Wow!

Not only the construction, also your demonstration is really really good!

I hope to see more - and that you share your patches, which are great as well :)

Blogged

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks so much Thorsten! It's really an honor to be featured on the blog. I will have more documentation up after I finish the softpot circuitry, and I'm of course happy to share my patches, although I only have a few at the moment.

i need a circuit diagram 4 this ;)

Awesome stuff. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A diagram for the softpot circuit? It might not help you very much since what I'm doing is really simple. I just need the softpot to behave exactly like a pitch wheel, in other words outputting constant 2.5 volts unless it's being touched. I'm going to implement some simple smoothing, but it won't have any of the elaborate sample and hold circuitry of something like the appendage for instance. I'm working on this circuit with a professor of mine, so out of courtesy I'll have to check with him about sharing it, but I'm sure he'd be cool with it.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...