STM32 on-chip non-volatile storage

I've been plugging away on a MIOS32 project when I realized that I'll need a significant amount of non-volatile storage to achieve my goals. Furthermore, I've noticed that the STM32 has a very large amount of on-board flash (512kB). Furthermore, I've realized that this particular project.hex size will probably never go over 150kB. Also considering the size of the MIOS32 bootloader, that means there is about 300kB of unused flash.

I know the typical solution to this problem is to use the EEPROM "bank-stick" implementation. I think making use of the unused flash of the STM32 provides a very useful alternative to the "bank-stick." I was doing some research, and found that STMicroelectronics has an application note titled "EEPROM emulation in STM32F10x microcontrollers." This application note discusses an implementation that provides an EEPROM-like interface to onboard flash. There is even C code already written that demonstrates this implementation.

Application Note:

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/an/13718.pdf

Corresponding ZIP file containing C code:

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/support/micro/files/an2594.zip

I plan to adapt the example implementation for use in my MIOS32 project. I am wondering if there is any interest in making this part of the MIOS32 platform. If so, I will write the driver in a way that will be easily configured and used by a generic MIOS32 project, then I can add it to the SVN repository.

An EEPROM application based on this application note is already available under modules/eeprom

Best Regards, Thorsten.

P.S.: I gave you access to the programmers section of this forum.

TK,

Thanks for the programmers section access. I'll check that out when I get a moment.

I'm at work, so I am unable to access the code base right now to inspect it. This eeprom.c implementation uses flash for NVS (like the application note describes)?

Thanks,

JF