Building a LC box. Some questions.

dreamgame

Hello everybody, this is my first post, and i want to salute everybody.

I am here reading for months, and looking the projects made by others. I am building an LC and i have some questions.

I am doing one like the Axel's one, Axel in his design, use one 2 x 20 LCD for 4 channels. I want use 2 x 40 LCD like the D2K ones (because is 2 x 40, right?).

The 2 x 40 LCD that i found is 154mm Width. With this width i can cover the eight channels, if each channel is 20mm 20 x 80 = 160mm. The lcd is a bit short, but i see on other pics, that other users, uses an lcd a little bit longer than 4 channels, and uses 2 2 x 40 lcd for the eight channels. Like this.

http://midibox.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2715

I am right? This LC is using 2 2x40 lcd?

Any one can post dimensions from his screen? And the width of the channels separation?

Im a little confused. Thank you.

EDIT

Lorcan wrote few months ago.

Make sure you use 2 2x40 lcds to see everything, and align the faders with the channel names.

Ok, i understand the better configuration is 2 2x40.

How i can align the faders with the channel names? Do you refer that i need align the lcd in the code?

I still dont know how is the better width separation for each channel, for two 2x40 LCD.

LCD = 154 mm / 4 channels = 38.5 mm separation

4 cm fader separation for cover the whole LCD. Its a lot, and i don't see this separation on other LC boxes.

Anyone can show me the light please.

Edited by dreamgame

Hello everybody, this is my first post, and i want to salute everybody.

I am here reading for months, and looking the projects made by others. I am building an LC and i have some questions.

I am doing one like the Axel's one, Axel in his design, use one 2 x 20 LCD for 4 channels. I want use 2 x 40 LCD like the D2K ones (because is 2 x 40, right?).

The 2 x 40 LCD that i found is 154mm Width. With this width i can cover the eight channels, if each channel is 20mm 20 x 80 = 160mm. The lcd is a bit short, but i see on other pics, that other users, uses an lcd a little bit longer than 4 channels, and uses 2 2 x 40 lcd for the eight channels. Like this.

http://midibox.org/f...?showtopic=2715

I am right? This LC is using 2 2x40 lcd?

Any one can post dimensions from his screen? And the width of the channels separation?

Im a little confused. Thank you.

EDIT

Lorcan wrote few months ago.

Ok, i understand the better configuration is 2 2x40.

How i can align the faders with the channel names? Do you refer that i need align the lcd in the code?

I still dont know how is the better width separation for each channel, for two 2x40 LCD.

LCD = 154 mm / 4 channels = 38.5 mm separation

4 cm fader separation for cover the whole LCD. Its a lot, and i don't see this separation on other LC boxes.

Anyone can show me the light please.

Hi,

your best bet would be to build the core and connect one lcd to check for alignment. The idea is to align the channel name (7chars +1 space i think) with the faders.

Of course you can make assumptions based on LCD char size etc but I found it's easier to test using the real thing.

My LCDs had big margins on the side so that accounts for the big separation, but of course YMMV here. You could always try to put one LCD PCB on top of eachother, but they wouldn't be perfectly aligned vertically ...

Here's how it looks on mine http://www.lorcan.me/projects/daw-controller/