MBHP_ETH, MBHP_SDCARD, SSM2044, SSM2164 PCB Bulk Order

seppoman

The high capacitance capacitors might be a little hard to find in ceramic type, I guess foil caps are OK as long as they fit the footprint of the PCB?

yes, as I've said before there's not one single cap on this board where the type really matters. So in other words, use what you can get. Also, ceramic isn't better or especially preferable in these regular situations, I've just stated that as a fact that with the regular/cheap/usual cpacitors, the lower (pF...) values are usually ceramic while the higher (100nF and up) are usually foil types. The foil types often come in better tolerances but as tolerance doesn't really matter, both types are fine :)

S

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the Reichelt Styroflex ones are about 10 mm, too. I didn't want to make the PCB larger than necessary so it's a tight fit, but not impossible to mount (see the pic on the Wiki page).

Good to know, I had them figured at 8mm diameter. I'll go with the LRC parts anyway since they are very nice 1% tolerance parts and I can get them doestically..

Good to know, I had them figured at 8mm diameter. I'll go with the LRC parts anyway since they are very nice 1% tolerance parts and I can get them doestically..

uhm. oh. you're right, they are in fact 8 mm :whistle: I guess I mixed something up in memory because I think back then when I designed the board someone pointed me to these 10mm parts and said it would be sad if they didn't fit in. I've just checked the Eagle file and 10 mm will fit but that's quite the maximum. If somebody wants to use these caps, it might be a good idea to use slim IC sockets and/or mount the trimpots slightly tilted (or even solder the SSMs directly without socket). But there'll be a way to do it :)

S

short notice: Joeribl made a public Reichelt shopping cart for the 2164 module, thank you :) although somehow 4 pieces of an 1 MOhm trimpot slipped into this cart. I removed them from the cart and made a new one, so everything's fine now - just in case people have already used this Reichelt cart to prepare an order, please check you're not ordering these 1MOhm trimpots.

S

short notice: Joeribl made a public Reichelt shopping cart for the 2164 module, thank you :) although somehow 4 pieces of an 1 MOhm trimpot slipped into this cart. I removed them from the cart and made a new one, so everything's fine now - just in case people have already used this Reichelt cart to prepare an order, please check you're not ordering these 1MOhm trimpots.

S

Darn, now you spoiled it. I get a percentage on each unit of trimpot sold :devil:

No seriously...no idea how those got in there, so sorry for that :blush:

Edited by Shuriken

For the US/UK crowd

More on those British LRC 10 nF Polystyrene (aka sytroflex) caps:

http://www.newark.com/lcr-components/fscex-10000pf-1-63v/capacitor-polystyrene-0-01uf-63v/dp/97K0250

lrc1nF.jpg

Size wise they are thinner (5mm diameter vs 10mm) than the xicon so they will fit perfect width wise. They are also 1% vs 5%. These are available at Newark (US) and Farnell (UK)

Uhm yes, update, better :whistle:

I've been away for one week and since then there has been a very busy phase including spontaneous business trips etc... so I'm sorry to say the last few shipments haven't been posted yet. But yesterday I've finally managed to prepare these last shipments and I'm going to post them either today or on monday, so the waiting should be over soon :)

to all others, if you have ordered only a few PCBs and still didn't receive anything, please PM me and we'll try to find out if something went wrong. The "small orders" all have been posted weeks ago.

S

Uhm yes, update, better :whistle:

I've been away for one week and since then there has been a very busy phase including spontaneous business trips etc... so I'm sorry to say the last few shipments haven't been posted yet. But yesterday I've finally managed to prepare these last shipments and I'm going to post them either today or on monday, so the waiting should be over soon :)

to all others, if you have ordered only a few PCBs and still didn't receive anything, please PM me and we'll try to find out if something went wrong. The "small orders" all have been posted weeks ago.

S

Hi Seppoman,

Mine is a "big order" too ?

Regards

Antix

oh come on guys, I've explained what a "big order" is some posts ago :yes:

Anyway to end the questions, I've posted the remaining shipments this morning and here's a list of these people (i.e. all others should hopefully already have received their PCBs by now):

rosch

grizz

modularkomplex

fuzzylizard

Wilba

Jack

Antix

bugfight

(benuron, reposted because of changed adress)

Again, I'm really sorry that this bulk order took at least 1-2 months longer than necessary, but there are periods in life where Midiboxing has to stand back a bit behind other more important things (if I had known a few things beforehand that would happen, I'd probably have postponed the whole bulk order by a few months). But finally all orders are out now and soon everything's gonna be fine :hug:

Happy soldering,

Seppo

If anyone is interested, I did up a FPE file for the SDcard PCB. I used these mounting brackets: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Keystone-Electronics/616/?qs=TMDrOSIpnUcl1d%2fTSUe7rw%3d%3d but you may want to adjust the height to whichever you wish to use. Either way, the slot is about 0.5mm to the left of center looking into it for it to center on the card..

http://midiot.net/MB_SDCARD_Slot.fpd

about ferrite bead L1 (on MB_ETH)

schematic says 100 uH, orderlist says 10 uH

which is correct?

10 uH is correct, TK didn't publish an updated schematic so far.

BTW there's also a little typo in the order list, the Reichelt part number of the 10nF capacitors is "Z5U-2,5 10n", not "Z5U-2,5 100n"

S

10 uH is correct, TK didn't publish an updated schematic so far.

BTW there's also a little typo in the order list, the Reichelt part number of the 10nF capacitors is "Z5U-2,5 10n", not "Z5U-2,5 100n"

fixed

Best Regards, Thorsten.