Stupid questions about parts!!

Stigmata

Hello!

Since im new to electronic parts I have a few questions:

In the MBHP Core partlist you use an Rectifier B80C800RUND  My question can I use B80c1500 (1,5A) instead?

And the Polarised capacitor 10 uF/16V does it matter if I use an 10 uF/25V or higher??

And I must tell, Today I got The C64 with the 8580 sid chip :-) for free :-) Just paid for the mail.....

Thanks!

Christoffer ???

Hi Christoffer,

yes, the 1.5 A rectifier can also be used, it has nearly the same size like the 0.8A type and fits into the PCB - I've also used some.

Caps: here also higher voltage types can be used.

C64: a great deal! :D

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi

I dont think it really matters with the Bridge rectifier just as long as you get the pins right ie the positive and negitive markings on the output side its just so if you plug in an adapter with reverse polarity or AC supply it will still supply the +ive to the +ive track and the -ive to the -ive. The only other consideration is if it will fit on your board or not!

The voltage on the Caps is not too important either just use the closest voltage you can find. Not too big tho

If Ive got this wrong someone please correct me  ;)

..pEaCe..

• 2 months later...