Error when attempt at compiling the Motormix app

Steven_C

Got the following error after I carefully followed the quickstart (http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/windows_toolchain_quickstart)

(I simply put the folder with the motormix files here: C:\midibox_mm_v2_0e (so first line in the cmd window was: cd c:\midibox_mm_v2_0e))

C:\midibox_mm_v2_0e>SET PATH=C:\MSYS\1.0\bin;%programfiles%\SDCC\bin;%PATH%

C:\midibox_mm_v2_0e>make

rm -rf _output/*

rm -rf _output

rm -rf *.cod *.map *.lst

rm -rf *.hex

mkdir -p _output

sh ./bin/mios-gpasm -c -p p18f452 -I./src -I ./include/asm -I ./include/share -I

./modules/app_lcd/dummy -DDEBUG_MODE=0  -DSTACK_HEAD=0x37f -DSTACK_IRQ_HEAD=0x3

3f -DDONT_INCLUDE_MIOS_ENC_TABLE -DDONT_INCLUDE_MIOS_MT_TABLE -I ./modules/mios_

wrapper modules/mios_wrapper/mios_wrapper.asm  -o _output/mios_wrapper.o

./bin/mios-gpasm: line 66: gpasm: command not found

make: *** [_output/mios_wrapper.o] Error 127
Then I realised I had to change the name of folder "programfiles" to "Program Files" in my entries in the CMD window. However, now I get this error:
C:\midibox_mm_v2_0e>make

rm -rf _output/*

rm -rf _output

rm -rf *.cod *.map *.lst

rm -rf *.hex

mkdir -p _output

sh ./bin/mios-gpasm -c -p p18f452 -I./src -I ./include/asm -I ./include/share -I

./modules/app_lcd/dummy -DDEBUG_MODE=0  -DSTACK_HEAD=0x37f -DSTACK_IRQ_HEAD=0x3

3f -DDONT_INCLUDE_MIOS_ENC_TABLE -DDONT_INCLUDE_MIOS_MT_TABLE -I ./modules/mios_

wrapper modules/mios_wrapper/mios_wrapper.asm  -o _output/mios_wrapper.o

./modules/app_lcd/dummy -DDEBUG_MODE=0   modules/app_lcd/dummy/app_lcd.asm -o _

output/app_lcd.o

sh ./bin/mios-sdcc -c -mpic16 -p18f452 --fommit-frame-pointer --optimize-goto --

optimize-cmp --disable-warning 85 --obanksel=2  -I./src -I ./include/c -I ./incl

ude/share -DDEBUG_MODE=0  src/main.c -o _output/main.o

'sh' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

make: *** [_output/main.o] Error 1

C:\midibox_mm_v2_0e>

This is my first attempt at compiling the app. I did not make any changes to the code, (apart from turning off the motorfaders off) just tried to compile to see if it would work.

I have checked that SDCC is installed here: C:\Program Files\SDCC

and MSYS is installed here: C:\msys\1.0

and GPutils is installed here: C:\Program Files\gputils

I noticed that my msys folder was in fact called msys (not MSYS) so I tried changing that in the CMD window, but still no-go.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Steve.

Edited by Steven_C

Hi Steve,

'sh' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.[/code] Thats strange! It seems that the shell command cannot be found anymore (it's part of MSYS), although some previous "sh" commands worked w/o error. What happens if you type:
[code]
sh -c "echo test"
And what happens with:
sh ./bin/mios-sdcc -c -mpic16 -p18f452 --fommit-frame-pointer --optimize-goto --optimize-cmp --disable-warning 85 --obanksel=2 -I./src -I ./include/c -I ./include/share -DDEBUG_MODE=0 src/main.c -o _output/main.o

in the command window?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Cheers Thorsten,

The result:

C:\midibox_mm_v2_0e>sh -c "echo test"

test

C:\midibox_mm_v2_0e>sh .'bin/mios-sdcc -c -mpic16 -p18f452 --fommit-frame-pointe

r --optimize-goto --optimize-cmp --disable-warning 85 --obanksel=2 -I./src -I ./

include/c -I .include/share -DDEBUG_MODE=0 src/main.c -o _output/main.o

sh: .bin/mios-sdcc -c -mpic16 -p18f452 --fommit-frame-pointer --optimize-goto --

optimize-cmp --disable-warning 85 --obanksel=2 -I./src -I ./include/c -I .includ

e/share -DDEBUG_MODE=0 src/main.c -o _output/main.o: No such file or directory

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

So I tried it on another PC, still no go.

So I tried following the directions to make the path changes permanent at: http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/windows_toolchain_core#path_environment_variables

...and it worked! I now have a compiled .hex file :-D Time to load into the midibox to try it!

Thanks for your help TK.

Hello i want to add something:

For those user who run under windows 64bit the default installation directorie for the SDCC and the gputils is: C:\Program Files (x86)\

So you must add this line: C:\msys\1.0\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\gputils\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\SDCC\bin; to the path as described at the tutorial.

My path for example is like this:

C:\msys\1.0\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\gputils\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\SDCC\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec\MyWinLocker 3\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec\MyWinLocker 3\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\DivX Shared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\MATLAB\R2009b\runtime\win32;C:\Program Files (x86)\MATLAB\R2009b\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Users\vinylrider\Downloads\android-sdk-windows\tools\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\MinGW\bin\;

i hope i will help the others who read this.