Midibox CV like ADSR

Antix

Hi,

I'm going to build a Midibox CV but I have some questions. :question:

The control volt only drive VCOs or I can drive in real time ( envelope driving ) other parameters like VCF or VCA envelope?

I mean is it possible use MBCV to emulate ADSR?

It seems to me it is possible in MidiBox SID application.

But in stand alone congiguration?

Thank You for any answer.

Regards

Antix

I am slowly finishing my first panel of analogue modular synth and my next panel will have a Midibox CORE8 running the SID V2 firmware + AOUT CV board. There is no need for the physical SID chip, PCB etc, you just use a CORE8 and AOUT of your choice but you get access to the SID engine to send to your CV gear.

If you read through the SID V2 manual there is a good explanation of the AOUT modulation capabilities. If I understand it correctly (i.e. I haven't actually tested it yet) then you can send all of the amazing synth engine stuff from SID V2 to CV outs. That means you get envelopes, wave sequencer and LFOs.

The other possibility would be to use the Analogue toolbox available from the MIOS download page, that has some envelope and LFO to CV stuff. But personally I'm going the SID route, it looks much more interesting :)

David

ps obviously once nILS finishes his MIOS32 version then these options may increase further.

Hi Monokinetic,

It is an idea to evaluate seriously and I never think about it.

But You only have to ignore SID refearing on LCD ( only an aesthetic question )

About core 32 I'm hope/waiting for European bulkorder .

Smash PCB are very well done .

regards

antix