Midibox 64 for Traktor

eugenejackson

Hi all, great site i've stumbled on but its pretty daunting!

First of all im not very technically knowledgeable in any of this stuff, but im happy to read up if any one has links to any thing they think might help, but theres one question i need to ask before i get properly stuck in with the reading.

I recently bought a Numark stealth to use with traktor, but its getting sold as im just not happy with it, far to simple and not enough buttons!

Ive seen threads on the midibox 64 and how its the best box for beginners, and it looks like what im after but it doesnt have any jog wheels. Is it possible to use this design and incorporate a couple of jog wheels or is there a different project i should be looking at?

Realistically the simpler the better, i dont need a screen or complicated lights, thats something to look at when ive built a more basic one. i saw the traktorizer, but it looks far too complicated and i really wouldnt know how to start with something like that.

Thanks for any help

Hi,

for a jog wheel( which is an endless rotary knob ) you need an encoder. That means you should go for a Midibox 64e with encoder support.

Pots are supported as well. Many people have built boxes like these, so you will find a lot of information in the forums.

A screen (lc-display) is very helpful during the build process and does not cost a lot (15$) so i would recommend it even when you just hide it

inside your box...

Depending on your design/parts/materials you could do it very cheap or very expensive :-) Up to you...