M4L SammichSid CC Editor v.0.1

phunk

Hey guys,

i wrote my very first M4L patch during a very rainy vacation and thought it would be useful if i could edit the sammichSID in Ableton.

It´s more a work in progress (some functions still missing) than a finished product but it might is helpful for some people.

Due to the fact, that M4L can not handle sysex (and i am not a pretty great programmer anyway) this patch is based on CC-Edit

only. That means it is quite restricted in functions and only supports parameters accessable via CC SID CC Implementation

I might start with an editor based on sysex and a workaround soon but that´s it for the moment. :-) Feel free to comment, modify, share info, whatever...

Known Issues:

When loading the patch it might be necessary to switch presets to get a sound.

(No Solution yet)

20100513-prt7mbitkkpc528xh78cp3ch4c.jpg

sammichSID_Editor_v.0.1.amxd.zip

Edited by phunk

I don't have M4L so I can't test this, but from the image it looks like you're missing a bank select knob. I like the layout though. A while back, I posted a VST editor that uses CCs in case you were interested. You might also want to mention that this will only work with the lead engine. I got chided a bit for not mentioning that when I posted my editor. ;)

Edited by Labelwhore

• 5 weeks later...

did i mention that this works only for the lead engine? :-P

I will be trying this soon. I love M4L and I have several HW synths that I want to build editors for. I plan to use yours here as a guide in helping me. I haven't built a thing in max yet.

I want to be able to do full sysex as well since many of my other synths will do sysex only. If you know of a workaround to work sysex control into Live, please let me pick your brain.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...