ASX based MidiBox Synth Project

HUROLURA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

i just bought a used plugiator ASX (finally!).

Still waiting for delivery, but in the meantime I would like to assemble parts needed to run plugiator without a CME keyboard.

And here I have a question - does anyone know the name of white power connector on plugiator PCB ?

It may be molex kk 2.5 or 2.54, but is difficult to recognize from attached photo ?

Hi,

i just bought a used plugiator ASX (finally!).

Still waiting for delivery, but in the meantime I would like to assemble parts needed to run plugiator without a CME keyboard.

And here I have a question - does anyone know the name of white power connector on plugiator PCB ?

It may be molex kk 2.5 or 2.54, but is difficult to recognize from attached photo ?

I had a look for you. I held a 2.54 rm strip next to it and it seems to be 2.54. But it's not the KK kind. Still looking what it is though.

I had a look for you. I held a 2.54 rm strip next to it and it seems to be 2.54. But it's not the KK kind. Still looking what it is though.

Thank you for taking measurements.

If this is not a standard kk type, it may be difficult to identify the socket.

At the beginning I may try this kind of connector- not ideal solution, but at least it should be possible to run the synthesizer.

You should just be really carefull when pluging it as there is nothing to prvent you from reverting the connector and connect it reverse !!!

If you think it can help, I could open my Plugiator to check if I can guess waht connector model it is or take picture of it ...

Just ask.

You should just be really carefull when pluging it as there is nothing to prvent you from reverting the connector and connect it reverse !!!

If you think it can help, I could open my Plugiator to check if I can guess waht connector model it is or take picture of it ...

Just ask.

The picture is in And as you can see its impossible to reverse it as it is symmetrical.

I was talking about the mating connector, the one you have to plug in the board.

The type of connector Maniac found doesn't have any mechanical part to prevent the reverse connexion.

Just a thought ...

Fortunately even if I plug the connector other way, nothing happens.

As Shuriken said pins are arranged symmetrically.

However, the connector that I plan to use, will not not be a reliable connection.

Therefore, if anyone knows the exact name of the connector, I will be grateful for information.

Fortunately even if I plug the connector other way, nothing happens.

As Shuriken said pins are arranged symmetrically.

However, the connector that I plan to use, will not not be a reliable connection.

Therefore, if anyone knows the exact name of the connector, I will be grateful for information.

I had a good look at the catalog of molex. But i couldnt find a match. It might be an idea to e-mail the guys at Use Audio, and ask them what it is.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I just hacked my Bliptronic to install a Bliptronome v2 to be able to use it as OSC/MIDI device.

Just noticed that the connector from the removed board from the Bliptronic 5000 are just the same as thoose necessary for the ASX.

So now, I do not even need to source them !!! :rolleyes:

Still figuring out how I could relaunch the project.

Could also be a nice app for LPC17 prototype testing ...

• 3 years later...