MIDIbox of the Week: Station MIDI controller by Ander

TK.

Hi i was wondering if you could send me the details of the encoders and push buttons on your huge midi controller, the one with all the led's. From the images the encoders look very high quality, are they non indented? It would be great if you could give me some info on were to purchase or the manufacturer of these parts, also would these both work in a midibox64e setup without much hastle? Great Controller aswell!

Thanks.

Hi i was wondering if you could send me the details of the encoders and push buttons on your huge midi controller, the one with all the led's. From the images the encoders look very high quality, are they non indented? It would be great if you could give me some info on were to purchase or the manufacturer of these parts, also would these both work in a midibox64e setup without much hastle?

The encoders are standard Bourns PEC11, no special quality there. I did not find any suitable SMD encoders, so for theses parts I had to put some holes into the PCB. This makes it more rugged, so maybe it was a good decision after all. The push buttons are standard SMD pushbuttons, I needed some with very low actuation force, therefore I took the DTSM-65K-V-B from Diptronics. No surprises here, theses parts would work in a normal midibox without problems.

The encoders are standard Bourns PEC11, no special quality there. I did not find any suitable SMD encoders, so for theses parts I had to put some holes into the PCB. This makes it more rugged, so maybe it was a good decision after all. The push buttons are standard SMD pushbuttons, I needed some with very low actuation force, therefore I took the DTSM-65K-V-B from Diptronics. No surprises here, theses parts would work in a normal midibox without problems.

Thanks!! very helpful :D

1) Record video and audio

2) sync both in Ableton live

3) render snippets which are multiples of 8 or four bars, add some overhead on both sides

4) manually do the camera changes in iMovie using the "precision" editor

:)

I just love how the camera usually changes angles right on beat at the end of a section. Must be some camera tricks or lots of filmographers.

P.S. I can't talk, but "lol" at Smithy's post count ranking :wink:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, since I just joined, I did not have the time so far to go through all the details of the functions of this device so far, but this is impressing. I wonder in which way you make use of all the illumination. I started a similar project years ago (well much smaller for the first step) but finally dropped these tries and changed to virtual feedback of the controller values in generating VGA based screens in realtime (FPGA based). Honestly I did not have the time and the power to follow this way :-)

Again, this is impressing and somehow it inspires me to create something similar. For the moment I am busy with a project dealing with rotary encoders and RGB-based feedback of the values and also the controlled values in the device.