MB-6582 Front Panel from Schaeffer / FPE with minor defects - Poll

Smithy

15 members have voted

1. 1. Acceptable?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • STFU and finish MB-6582!

Howdy,

received my Schaeffer / FPE panels for MB-6582 and i noticed a few minor defects with the infills on the Front Panel, nothing too big a deal.

So i said i'd put up a poll to see what people think. Im not sure if this is the "norm" or not.

Here are the clickable thumbnails:

img0421custom.th.jpg

In the Mod Matrix, the white line next to Pulse Width is duller than the other white lines.

Note: Lines appear bent on right hand side, due to bad camera angle.

img0425custom.th.jpg

* R is messy

img0426custom.th.jpg

* N in Menu is very messy

img0435custom.th.jpg

* V is messy in Curve

img0432custom.th.jpg

* T in oscillator has a bit of a tail

img0431custom.th.jpg

* White smudge around N in Envelope

Also, how does anyone know hot to clean inside the Red Lines?

I remember it asked on here before, but it was asked before the forum change-over, so the search wont show the post.

Any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated.

If you're not happy with it, then complain. Or rather, tell Schaeffer that you don't think it's up to the same quality that you've seen produced before, by Schaeffer and Front Panel Express. Surely they've made this panel before many times.

From my experience, when I wasn't happy with the first set of MB-6582 panels that FPE made (engraving much thicker than expected), I told them, sent photos, they said they'd replace them, I changed the engraving width and sent new files. I can't see why Schaeffer wouldn't do the same - they must value their reputation in DIY forums more than a hundred Euro.

Schhaeffer got back to me sehr early in ze morgen, 7:15am!

saying they would investigate what went wrong, and sent another email 13 mins later:

"It seems that the colleagues doing the quality check didn't realize that

the colour was not yet dry. When the panel was shrinkwrapped, the colour

was drawn out of the engravings."

They have agreed to re-manufacture the panel and ship it up tomorrow, i should have it by thursday.

Top quality customer support and service imho.

And thanks to Wilba and the dudes in the chat for the support.

Edited by Smithy

Coincidentally, I just got an email from Front Panel Express to complete an online customer survey and received a $20 discount on my next order.

They must be watching us , *squints eyes from side to side in shifty manner* :shifty:

Received a letter in the door from Schaeffer today. It was just a copy of the invoice.

Then to my complete surprise, the panel was delivered by UPS an hour ago.

I was expecting it to arrive on Thursday, as it was still in Germany last night.

The replacement looks great, no paint outside the engravings, no residue.

I'm really pleased, and it was nice of them to sent it by some premium UPS, you can check out the deliver speed below:

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?tracknum=1Z4021A50497321627

This company has one of the best levels of customer service i have ever experienced.

I would thoroughly recommend them.

Edited by Smithy

This company has one of the best levels of customer service i have ever experienced.

I can second that. They are not exactly cheap, and occasionally they did mess up things. But when they did, they were quick to react and always chose the fastest manufacturing and shipping that was possible. (They even overdid this once: I remember UPS trying to deliver a panel at 6:20 in the morning at a University... :rolleyes: )

Coincidentally, I just got an email from Front Panel Express to complete an online customer survey and received a $20 discount on my next order.

haha, same here :)

I guess it pays to put midibox.org in the 'how'd you hear about us field'. Who knew?

Edited by Labelwhore

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if they can work with panels that have already been drilled? I'd love to finish my mb6582, but my panels turned out to have a really weird yellowing effect and I never got them back to Wilba for reworking. Mmm... Engraved panels...

Edited by Davo

Hi wilba, i just have a quick question regarding the 25 x M3 Spring Washers.

Im assuming they will go between the head of the m3 x 6mm screw and the PCB itself?

Rather than between the 10mm threaded spacer and the PCB.

2101970749_b87ed45cb5.jpg

Would it be better to use a flat washer, as the spring washer could mark/damage the PCB?

Im wondering why the spring washers would be more suitable?

Thanks.

Edited by Smithy

Spring washers are optional, and would go between the head of the screw and the PCB (where it secures PCB to spacers). They might scratch the PCB but the mount holes have a plated ring around them so it would only scratch that, and can't damage any tracks. I say optional because my original MB-6582 doesn't have them, and they aren't loose yet.

Spring washers are optional, and would go between the head of the screw and the PCB (where it secures PCB to spacers). They might scratch the PCB but the mount holes have a plated ring around them so it would only scratch that, and can't damage any tracks. I say optional because my original MB-6582 doesn't have them, and they aren't loose yet.

Thanks for the reply. Hardware ordered now, time to finish that friggin mb-6582!