Least clicky 6mm buttons for BLM

findbuddha

What are your experiences with 6mm switches?

I'm looking for quiet, I don't mind if there's a physical sensation.

So far I'm looking at:

E-Switch TL1105 eg: TL1105SPF100Q

Panasonic Light Touch Switch eg: EVQPAC07K

I've got a sample of TL1105SPF100Q and EVQQ2F03W (Panasonic LTS in SMD, I couldn't get the other version to sample cheaply).

The Panasonic is quieter than the E-Switch - I assume the SMD version will sound the same as the through hole version.

Of course, putting the buttons under 2mm silicon sheet () may reduce the noise substantially?

:)

• 1 year later...

HI

I just found your post from last year findbuddha.

Can you tell me how this turned out?

I'm building a application for a live sound venue and need quiet buttons. I ordered a sample of 3FTL6 from Reichelt but that makes ruffly 81dB-peak@1m and i can't find a way to order the announced quiet version.

Hi, no luck with the MEC.

There are some other quiet switches around available with proper caps from E-Switch and a few others, mostly orderable from Mouser. However, they are also very expensive.

I ended up getting Alps SKPG switches. They are cheap, quiet, and have a nice feel I think. Unfortunately you have to DIY caps for them, which can make them a bit noisier (not to mention being difficult).

Edited by findbuddha