Elektor - Digital effect processor

Shuriken

It seems Elektor has an upcoming article with a nice looking digital effects processor. It's based on Spin Semiconductors FV-1 which i have had my eyes on for a while.

What i can make of the small pictures in the magazine, its going to be a mainboard + frontpanel design with 16x2 lcd.

It includes 8 DSP programs. But more programs can be found here. Its all assembler by the looks of it.

Edited by Shuriken

• 1 month later...

I've been interested in the FV-1 for some time too. I am really curious about how much this Elektor kit will cost.

I considered getting an evaluation board, however it seems to be over 100 EUR, and I am not familiar if and how I could just include it inside an existing synth's signal path, if it's usable without USB connection to a computer, and if I could replace the pots, switches and encoder on the board with wires to panel-mounted controls.

Since I am in Taiwan, I tried to contact Sergio Spin / Microtips ( http://www.sergiospin.com/ ) who offer some intersting boards as well, but no reply ever. I saw in another forum some users reported the same non-reply-ness from this company.

OCT (http://www.oct-distribution.com/) sell a nice small board with 8 fixed programs for about 27 USD. If this board could be modded to connect an EEPROM and program own configurations, it would probably be the best price you can get. Even if not, getting the unprogrammable solution seems a good deal.