KICAD library for rotary encoders

ilmenator

Hi all,

I am looking for KICAD library files for the ALPS STEC16 and Bourns PEC11 rotary encoders usually used in MIDIbox projects. Has anyone ever used KICAD to build a board that had these encoders?

Thanks, ilmenator

Here's my libraries. The PEC11 stuff is converted from the eagle library found in the midibox wiki. I haven't built a board with them, so I can't verify that they're good.

:)

Library.zip

Here's my libraries. The PEC11 stuff is converted from the eagle library found in the midibox wiki. I haven't built a board with them, so I can't verify that they're good.

Thanks!

I have created a new set of library files for the encoders in KICAD, also converted from EAGLE. I mainly changed the pin numbers, font size, and the line width so that they better match with the other KICAD libraries.

I have not built a board with these either, which means using the lib is at your own risk :tongue: If someone has the time to create a KICAD parts library page in the WIKI, similar to what exists for EAGLE, feel free to upload this file as well!

Best, ilmenator

encoder.zip

Edited by ilmenator

• 5 months later...

No, as the project they were intended for never happened :unsure:

As far as I remember, I did not touch any dimension-related aspects of the component after the conversion, just naming convention of the pins. Anyways, the whole thing could be dead wrong or not even intended for PEC11, I don't remember...

• 8 months later...

heinzihogo,

I have made a working PCB for the PEC11+SW with KiCAD. I can't remember exactly if I ended up changing the Ilmenator's footprint (I think I did).

I've attached my library files for you to try. As always, I recommend you checking for yourself before spending money on PCB :)

fb-kicad-library-21-09-2011.zip