designspark PCB

SLP

interesting

is it hosted by radio spares ?

I guess having RS numbers included in the BOM output is a clue that they may have something to to with this.

Coincidentally, I did a mail order from RS for the first time last week. The prices where OK and they gave free delivery for a small order (hope this policy lasts!)

Anyhow, Ive been wondering about a good, integrated CAD suitable for community Midibox projects. (I use a commercial package professionally).

The criteria is that it is free, integrates schematic and pcb layout with netlist connectivity (and good to use, of course).

It seems that Designspark PCB has the ability to import Eagle designs and libraries, which is good I suppose for reworking midibox Eagle designs. I don't imagine that it has the ability save or export Eagle formats.

I'll put checking this one out on my ToDo list!

Anyhow, Ive been wondering about a good, integrated CAD suitable for community Midibox projects. (I use a commercial package professionally).

The criteria is that it is free, integrates schematic and pcb layout with netlist connectivity (and good to use, of course).

It seems that Designspark PCB has the ability to import Eagle designs and libraries, which is good I suppose for reworking midibox Eagle designs. I don't imagine that it has the ability save or export Eagle formats.

What about KICAD? It's free, has netlist connectivity, it's pretty straight forward to use, and EAGLE libs can be converted from EAGLE itself. I guess the same is true for designs/boards, but I have never done that myself.

What about KICAD? It's free, has netlist connectivity, it's pretty straight forward to use, and EAGLE libs can be converted from EAGLE itself. I guess the same is true for designs/boards, but I have never done that myself.

Ive used KICAD and it is very good. I didn't know about eagle compatibility. Another contender!