What board do I need ?

Gavin

Im new to this and I want to convert an old dj mixing deck i have lying around to a midi controller so use all the pots and switches as midi. I want the controller to be usb which has lead me to two ideas after doing reading. My first idea on how to do it was to build a usb gm5 and then connect all the pots and switches to a AIN Module which i believe is the cheapest option. The only other option i can see is to build a usb core which seem to be more expensive but maybe simplier.

So my main question is which is the best way to go around creating this controller ( Best= cheapest)

Also would either of these work with my pc i have vista 64bit and will be using the controller on ableton and traktor ?

thanks

Gavin.

You have a lot of reading to do!

But to get you on your way. Pots connect to the AIn board, Buttons and switches go to the DIn board. Everything connects to the Core board.

Reading time awaits you...but its worth it.

Il get reading right away thanks for the basic info though whatst he average cost to do this though considering i live in the UK ?

Cost all depends!

I'm in the UK too.

You can make your own boards, you can buy boards, you can get kits, you can shop around to get your own parts. all depends on you.

Nothing is really expensive, possibly the front panels are a bit pricey, but they are pro made, maybe you won't need that, it all depends.

Whatever you decide to do, you will learn much and feel pleased at the end and that my friend is priceless.