MIDI-SID doesn´t work - just a "brummen"

Guest Andre_Raabe

Guest Andre_Raabe

Hi all!

Just finished building up the midi - sid. I´ve programmed the test firmware for the MidiSid and connect everything. When i powered my midi-sid it only give me a constant "brummen". What´s going on there...i´ve checked my circuit and all voltages are ok. Is it the chip? I´ve burned my pic with another programmer from "Mikes-Electronicseite" called MultiPic-Brenner. My Software is form Sprut.de....Have everybody get some knowledge about this burner?

All is very strange.... :-/

Cheers!

André

Hi Andre,

normaly there isn't a buzzing sound - just download the schematic from the MBHP SID page and follow the tracks. Check especially the polarity of the rectifier and the electrolytic capacitors!

I've no experiences with the MultiPic burner - are you able to verify the flash content? On this way you can ensure that the programming was successfull. Therafter you can do the following test to check if the program is running: start MIDI-Ox and send a program change to the MIDIbox SID: it should response with a lot of controller events (the sound parameters)

Best Regards, Thorsten.