Behringer Control BCR ARM firmware devkit

DrBunsen

Well now, this could be interesting:

Unofficial Behringer Control Development Kit

bcr2000-firmware-hacking-e1283439688954.jpg?w=235&h=180

The Behringer Control series are general purpose MIDI controllers. They are quite popular among users of digital mixing and synthesizer software. The firmware of these devices can be updated by sending special midi messages. This package contains the tools generate these midi messages from a firmware image and vice versa, and to upload them.

Device hardware:

• CPU: OKI ML671000* (ARM7) @ 12MHz
  • 512k of flash memory
  • 2MB of DRAM

As the STM-Core is also ARM (although Cortex 3), is a MIOS port even slightly possible?

NB: this is not a request. Just thought I'd list the project here for anyone interested.

(Found via HackADay)

* 32-bit ARM7TDMIâ„¢ CPU, DMA, serial, PWM, analog-to-digital, timers, internal RAM and external memory controller.

I've been following that for a while and I have to say, with the new software, that is the most programmable midi controller I have ever seen. You can literally program that thing to do anything midi related (i.e HUGE sysex controls with as many values as you want, no 0-127 limitations here)

Unfortunately, I have got a BCD2000 and a BCA2000 but not a BCR/BCF.... I may see if I can pick one up on ebay as I am quite interested in playing with this.

I note that the clock speed (12Mhz) is quite a bit slower than the CORE32 but other than that it could be quite a useful device, especially with so much RAM etc....

Cheers

Phil

• 5 months later...

I can't remember the highest of the top of my head, 54 maybe?, but the clock speed actually has 3 settings, 12Mhz being the lowest. The 12Mhz external crystal is for something else.

If anybody has any good resources on learning how to port something like this they could point me toward they would be appreciated.