Controller for cubase SX3

noob911

Hi, I am very new to the midi technology but I am learning alot every day. I am very lost on this website, it is huuge! Somebody please help me get started.

I need a controller to control my plugins that reside within cubase SX3. I am using plugins such as philharmonics, edirol, albino etc.. The controller must have a few sliders, knobs, buttons, joysticks, and mod wheels. It will also need a screen for banks.

I know a little bit of C programming and I am learning more and more everyday. I want to design a midi controller using ATMEga either 16, 32 or 128 only. I will be using Proteus in order to design the circuit and PCB layout.

Can someone please help me find some sample circuits and programs? Thanks in advance for your time.

post-8076-082874300 1284350541_thumb.jpg

Hey, thanks for a quick reply :)

I only wanted to use ATMega because I know quite a bit about them... I can't find any good ATMega sample codes and circuits even on google. I will build what you recommended. What is the difference between the 64e and LC? I see the 64e has encoders with leds but doesnt have sliders, but I am sure it can have them.

The LC looks soo slick. I am trying to find a circuit diagram and the microprocessor C code but I can't seem to find it. What category and site can I find this in?

Welcome aboard noob911 :flowers:

If you take a closer look at http://www.ucapps.de you'll notice we don't play with atmels around here :) If - for some reason - you're bent on using atmegas your best bet is google, otherwise, take a look at the link and especially mbLC and mb64(E).

Edited by noob911

I can't find any good ATMega sample codes and circuits even on google

Odd, I can.

What is the difference between the 64e and LC?

The firmware mainly ;) You most likely want the LC though.

I am trying to find a circuit diagram and the microprocessor C code but I can't seem to find it.

Then you obviously need to read more. Everything you need is directly linked to from the midibox LC project page.

I found ATMega example that use USB, but I can not find a circuit and program that uses midi out. And I really really want to use ATMega.

Odd, I can.

The firmware mainly ;) You most likely want the LC though.

Then you obviously need to read more. Everything you need is directly linked to from the midibox LC project page.

Edited by noob911